Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiocchi .22 Subsonics

Fiocchi .22 Subsonics

Avoid these like the plague! 60% or so go supersonic. So there's no consistency and you'd be missing a lot of bunnies etc!

In a navy blue box with a red stripe on the LHS. I bought 500 of the buggers so it'll be a trip back to the gunshop for me, ho-hum.
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.

Quote Originally Posted by tedster View Post
    Avoid these like the plague! 60% or so go supersonic. So there's no consistency and you'd be missing a lot of bunnies etc!

In a navy blue box with a red stripe on the LHS. I bought 500 of the buggers so it'll be a trip back to the gunshop for me, ho-hum.
    Will they shoot that badly from everyone's rifle, or just yours? How many rounds did you fire? Was your barrel clean?? Do you think all Fiocchi is bad or just that particular production LOT??~Muir

I've been using Fiocchi subs recently, They are certainly a bit louder than the the Winchesters but I have had absolutely no problems with accuracy, in fact I have switched over to them permanently in the Anschutz 1710.

A few of us have been using them for a few months, with no problems, probably 200 fired without an issue. All 3 rifles are CZ's all just a few years old and not particularly scrubbed clean, We have found them as accurate as CCI's and Winchesters.

No complaints from us

I wonder if I got a bad batch then?
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.

Or it might be the rifle

I have done a lot of testing of ammunition on a professional level, much of it with rimfire. Some cartridges are not compatible with a particular gun. Others like the rifle in a certain degree of cleanliness. Most, and this is important, require anywhere from 10 to 50 shots to 'season' the bore before the accuracy settles in on a new variety of ammunition. Bad LOT's (not 'batch') of ammo do happen but companies seldom stay in business long making consistently inaccurate ammunition.~Muir

I don't see how the rifle can have an effect on some of the rounds going supersonic?
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.

I don't see how the rifle can have an effect on some of the rounds going supersonic?

Generally, it can't. You chrongraphed them? What speeds were they delivering?~Muir

PS: What were your groups like, at what distances??

stick with winchester