Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sako quad bolt leaver mod

sako quad bolt leaver mod

would like to change my bolt leaver on my sako quad,does any one know how to go about this,can't find any info as to how to do it.many thanks

find a local engineering college and pay a student to knock one up for pennies!
    I have a DIP one

its nice
    but...
    -it was expensive
    - I had to get it sent to my inlaws in Canada and pick it up when over there (they didnt ship to UK then although I believe someone now does)
    -and it really isn't anything a 1st year engineering/machining student couldn't knock up in his lunch break!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    i don't have a dip ONE AS I SOLD MY QUAD,

BUT

I think its expensive, ugly and way too big,

get a local gunsmith to make you one that will look like and feel like you expect it too.(that DIP one looks pants)

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

"it just unscrews"not quite true, if you "just unscrew it" as i did you break off the 2 little tenons that aline the handel too the bolt body.what you have to do is remove the plastic cap in the end of the bolt handel, you then see a m5 allen bolt unscrew this then the handel will come away from the bolt,small detail but so important.will be make a new one at work on a cnc lathe/mill will try to get some pics on for your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    find a local engineering college and pay a student to knock one up for pennies!
    I have a DIP one

its nice
    but...
    -it was expensive
    - I had to get it sent to my inlaws in Canada and pick it up when over there (they didnt ship to UK then although I believe someone now does)
    -and it really isn't anything a 1st year engineering/machining student couldn't knock up in his lunch break!
    I got a DIP Sako Finnfire Dovetail to Picatinny adapator from kinneys shooting supplies at the same time as an EGW pic rail for the Tikka 595 - the website doesn't load very well on my iMac and I may have done it using Firefox...... (what I'm saying is that it's not quick n easy for me to go and have a look to see if they do them )

Cheers

Fizz

I've just had a go trying to open up Kinneys in F'fox but that couldn't find the server...... hhmmmm, I dunno perhaps they turn it off at night?
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 04-06-2014 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Nice one...wonder why it won't open for me......

The rails didn't take long to arrive either, good service from them definitely.

Cheers

Fizz

was there any problem with customs? a mate of mine brought a trigger from the states and had so much agro he wished he had not botherd.i was looking at getting a billet trigger guard for my sako quad

Quote Originally Posted by shippers View Post
    was there any problem with customs? a mate of mine brought a trigger from the states and had so much agro he wished he had not botherd.i was looking at getting a billet trigger guard for my sako quad
    To be honest, I can't remember now if I got charged extra for VAT and Duty or whether they came straight through and landed on the mat. I would have been expecting to pay the extra though due to the value of the order being around $150 odd.

No hold up though.

Cheers,

Fizz