Thread: CCI TNT 17gr HMR ammo

CCI TNT 17gr HMR ammo

Hi does anyone have experience of the above ammo from CCI?

It's a fair bit cheaper than the Remmington I'm currently using but is it as good in both accuracy and ballistic performance. The 20gr hollow points dont break up particuarly well on impact but these 17gr state they are explosive, so more like the V-Max rounds?

Any advice from people who have used them will be appreciated.

ps they'll be used for head shooting rabbits (for the pot) and other small vermin, not foxes though

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Hi does anyone have experience of the above ammo from CCI?

It's a fair bit cheaper than the Remmington I'm currently using but is it as good in both accuracy and ballistic performance. The 20gr hollow points dont break up particuarly well on impact but these 17gr state they are explosive, so more like the V-Max rounds?

Any advice from people who have used them will be appreciated.

ps they'll be used for head shooting rabbits (for the pot) and other small vermin, not foxes though
    Years back when Marine PMI and I were testing barrels (and ammunition) for the then-new HMR I shot the TNT HP's. The accuracy of the first LOT's I tried, by comparison to the ultra fine ballistic tip being made at the time, was poor from my custom Ruger 77/17. It blew up mexican ground squirrels -a very small target- with authority though, and I didn't have any problems hitting them. The next LOT I got shot much better, as did the LOT after that. I then reverted to the Hornady branded ammo and never shot it again**. I suspect it will shoot close to the ballistic tips for accuracy since the general quality of HMR ammo has slipped somewhat.~Muir

(** Dropped shooting the HMR in favor of the 22WMR so there was no interest in trying the TNT's again.)
    Last edited by Muir; 31-05-2014 at 12:18.

I shot them in my HMR
    much of a muchness if I recall

only YOUR rifle will tell you how they shoot thought