Thread: This years crop

This years crop

Here are some pictures of this year crop. While there is only one sow in the picture there are 3 sows there. I counted 13 young. Not easy to count but have looked at other photo's and there were 13. Plus the big male was there a couple of nights before. He's been there quite a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Good photos! Curious about the feeder, is it on some kind of timer?

Alex

The spreader on the botton of the feeder can be programed to spread up to six times a day. The amount it will throw out, and the 12v motor speed are all adjustable. Mine has a little solcell panel on it that keeps the battery charged through the spring till Autunm. The battery needs charging about once a month in the winter.
    They cost about 45. Mine is set to throw out 2kg at 11pm. A couple of years ago the very same spreaders were selling for 100 till Biltema had their copy made, I'm sure in the same factory in China and sold for half the price. Their spreader has come out tops in all the tests done by the hunting mags in Sweden. Look here: Foderspridare - Biltema

I make the rest of the feeder myself and sell them. I have just delivered 10 to a large hunting estate. (NO i won't be selling them in the UK).
    Last edited by Jagare; 01-06-2014 at 09:22.

Will you be selling your most excellent boar feeders in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    Will you be selling your most excellent boar feeders in the UK?
    No Toby, no. But i might be selling a few in Norge going by what i saw up near the Sverige-Norge border on Thursday.

I think it may be your year to shoot a boar here this year . I'll paint your name one one before you come in August. Plus plenty of roe this year. Practise your roe calling .

Don't forget to bring that handsome terrier with you again.

But the Direktoratet for Naturforvaltning doesn't want boar to get re-established in Norge so what good would feeders do us
    Paint a big red T on a nice matgris for me.
    I'll bring my trusty companion and my dangerous game rifle......
    See you in August.

Toby, its not what the Direktoratet for Naturforvaltning want, its what they will get that counts. International sale of my boar feeders, now there's something . A big red T it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Here are some pictures of this year crop. While there is only one sow in the picture there are 3 sows there. I counted 13 young. Not easy to count but have looked at other photo's and there were 13. Plus the big male was there a couple of nights before. He's been there quite a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Very nice photos Alan.
    How does it work In Sweden,do you get a set number to cull every year,or just manage them between yourselves?
    atb
    Arwel

Hej Arwel, We can shoot as many as we like. Yearlings the whole year. Sows with dependant young can't be shot and there is a short closed season on male boar over i year old.
    If you feel like sitting out for a boar sometime in the autumn give me a call. No need to wait for a full moon or snow as i have the feeding place illuminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Hej Arwel, We can shoot as many as we like. Yearlings the whole year. Sows with dependant young can't be shot and there is a short closed season on male boar over i year old.
    If you feel like sitting out for a boar sometime in the autumn give me a call. No need to wait for a full moon or snow as i have the feeding place illuminated.
    What can I say but how extremely generous of you Alan,no doubt on day,sincerely thank you.