Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little concerned

A little concerned

I've just been passed a Haggis by a local tonight and I am concerned that it may have been shot out of season as I would have thought that they would be breeding at this time of the year.
    Does anyone know if it has and ,if so, what should I do?

Tut tut perdix you obviously don't have you hsc level 1 it's all discussed in the course you know!

If you were to take an extensive, and extremely expensive, course on the legal aspects of this situation then you would know exactly what to do. As it is you are clearly an uneducated idiot and not fit to possess a haggis. Go immediately to your local police station and hand yourself in.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

If it is one with short legs on the left side you are OK, they are in season.
    It is the ones that have short legs on the right side that are out of season.
    It is all to do with the way they run around the very steep hills.
    The ones that are in season at the moment are the ones that run anti-clockwise, the ones with with short legs on the left side. They can be shot almost any time for not conforming.
    The other ones, the ones that conform and have short legs on the right, can only be shot when Easter falls between Christmas day and Boxing day.
    Last edited by EMcC; 02-06-2014 at 08:33.

I bet these guys don't have HSC1

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

they were lucky to find a nest, very rare to find one so exposed dog walkers probably disturbed the parents,there used to be one at formby on the reserve but the scallys got wind of it and its not been seen since princess margerettes birthday bash ,i know prince charles has a pet one he strokes in his shed,all the rest are up north they like the humidity for some reason,anyway as they say at balmoral, granville fetch your cloth,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 31-05-2014 at 20:54. Reason: because i thought of something,
    DONT START

Was it shot with a haggis legal calibre. As the law according to McGaskill states that they may only be shot with especially dangerous air weapons by a state approved licensed air weapon owner.

Back when men were men and sheep were scared. You had to stalk up to within 5 yards of them a deal the " coup de grace" with a well aimed spud gun!

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Back when men were men and sheep were scared. You had to stalk up to within 5 yards of them a deal the " coup de grace" with a well aimed spud gun!
    Spud guns are no longer legal, due to "Splash back" risks.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Spud guns are no longer legal, due to "Splash back" risks.
    Is that why?... I always thought it was due to the potato famine
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox