Thread: quad bike insurance

quad bike insurance

I need some help in finding an insurance company to insure a road legal 500cc quad.
    can any of you guys point me the right direction, cheap and cheerful would be the ticket.
    cheers.

NFU covered mine for 240 a year Fully Comp, including off road cover.

HTH

got it sorted with bike sure, 150 per year tird party fire theft.

Am also interested, as in same position...any other suggestions?

falcon is another, but bike sure did a better quote.

Is your quad registered as an agricultural machine ? if it is you should be paying around 80 a year thats what i payed last year for mine that was with NFU

Quote Originally Posted by 243 fallow View Post
    Is your quad registered as an agricultural machine ? if it is you should be paying around 80 a year thats what i payed last year for mine that was with NFU
    Is this for full road entitlement? How did you manage that?

Best I can do is 159 for fully comp through Lexham (a bike insurer) on my Honda 420 (registered agricultural). This is for leisure use and with 4 years NCB.

I did get NFU to quote because I already had a policy with them for a vintage tractor (40 per year fully comp ) but they could get nowhere near the above quote. I can only assume that they were quoting for commercial+agricultural use?! But either way they couldn't/wouldn't match Lexham.

Alex

It was on a tractor policy, i told them it was an agricultural machine as that was what it is registered as. I will try and find the old policy and let you know. I had the machine for around 10 years and it was always around the 80 mark. I have a work quad now so i dont have a policy.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperstweed View Post
    I need some help in finding an insurance company to insure a road legal 500cc quad.
    can any of you guys point me the right direction, cheap and cheerful would be the ticket.
    cheers.
    Have you found anything yet?

Cheapest I've been quoted was 205 TPF&T for use on and off road. NFU were only 20 more so i guess they could be persuaded to alter it a bit to beat the other quote.

I paid 104 through Vine insurance.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK