Thread: Weaver bases for sako

Weaver bases for sako

Does anyone know if/where I could get weaver style (ie. flat with the cross slot for a recoil bar) bases for a sako 75?
    Last edited by Mungo; 03-06-2014 at 07:52.

I don't see it Warne bases for the Sako in my catalog, but still looking.

The Weaver Grand Slam #S61 is almost identical to the Warne, ie, flat steel. It fits the Sako Whitetail Hunter, and it showed it back when the 75 was the model, before the 85.
    Weaver #: 48234

The Weaver #61 fits the Whitetail Hunter, front and rear. It is aluminum with the ears.
    Talley makes bases which are very good about returning to zero, because the rings fit precisely into a wide slot, which pins it front and rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    I don't see it Warne bases for the Sako in my catalog, but still looking.

The Weaver Grand Slam #S61 is almost identical to the Warne, ie, flat steel. It fits the Sako Whitetail Hunter, and it showed it back when the 75 was the model, before the 85.
    Weaver #: 48234

The Weaver #61 fits the Whitetail Hunter, front and rear. It is aluminum with the ears.
    Talley makes bases which are very good about returning to zero, because the rings fit precisely into a wide slot, which pins it front and rear.
    I think Mungo's using the wrong term. I suspect he means 1-piece rings.... not a separate base (block) and roll-off rings.
    I've got just this configuration (Weaver#61 blocks paired with Weaver QD rings) on a Tikka M65 and M695.... but there wasn't a ONE-PIECE dovetail-based ringset around at that time.

Since then Optilocks, Millet, and british Sportsmatch ringsets have appeared for the Tikka range, so no need now to faff about mounting base-blocks (using the tiny grubscrews provided in the action). BTW ... the Sako integral dovetails are tapered laterally from back to front (Tikka dovetails are parallel faced so not the same setup at all)
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I think Mungo's using the wrong term. I suspect he means 1-piece rings.... not a separate base (block) and roll-off rings.
    I've got just this configuration (Weaver#61 blocks paired with Weaver QD rings) on a Tikka M65 and M695.... but there wasn't a ONE-PIECE dovetail-based ringset around at that time.

Since then Optilocks, Millet, and british Sportsmatch ringsets have appeared for the Tikka range, so no need now to faff about mounting base-blocks (using the tiny grubscrews provided in the action). BTW ... the Sako integral dovetails are tapered laterally from back to front (Tikka dovetails are parallel faced so not the same setup at all)
    Sorry - I am using the wrong terminology. D'oh.

What I meant was WEAVER style bases - flat, with slot for recoil bar.

If any one is looking for a Recknagel Picatinny rail for a Sako 75/85 drop me a pm because I'm thinking of going back to Optilocks.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    If any one is looking for a Recknagel Picatinny rail for a Sako 75/85 drop me a pm because I'm thinking of going back to Optilocks.
    A very positive maybe! How high are they and what are you asking?

And why are you going back to optilocks?