INFO on zeiss with avs

paul o'

I am looking for another scope ,for the 6.5x47 i did have a z6i x50 bt but the sako 85 .308 was sulking and now has it on lol.

iam wishing to find one with bdc that will cover stalking and range use 1000yds might not be such a scope but ha ho i can still ask for your help .
So i have been looking at the :

ZEISS CONQUEST DL 3-12x56 ret 60n(i) with asv.

VICTORY HT 3-12x56 ret 60 (i) asv.

or ?
tops new £1500 ISH OR VG USED
.Thanks for any help.
paul o'
:tiphat:

Morning Paul

I can only half helpful here. :oops:

I have been using the Victory HT 3-12x56. As it happens, I have ASV+ on this scope and I do use the dialling facility quite a bit. I chose this scope because I suspected that it would be good in low light and the range of magnification would allow me to stalk in woodland on low mag and then take extended shots at higher mag.

The low light performance is impressive. I often find that I run out of time before I run out of light. I also have a Zeiss 6-24x56 FL Diavari and, as well as that scope performs, it is easy to see the difference in low light performance when looking through the Victory HT.

I would, however, say that the Victory HT would probably make a poorer choice for a 1000 yard scope. I suspect you would run out of elevation and the lack of parallax adjustment and relatively low magnification would be a handicap. IMO of course!

I can't comment on the Conquest DL. I have a 2-8x42 about to go on a rimfire, but haven't had the chance to play yet.

Hope that helps.

regards

Ian

thanks fellers for the info has any of you gone out more than 500 with the victory as it looks like its getting close to looking out for one :tiphat:

thanks fellers for the info has any of you gone out more than 500 with the victory as it looks like its getting close to looking out for one :tiphat:

Paul, I have a Zeiss 3-12x56 Victory HT with ASV+ fitted. The Height adjustment I think is around 70 clicks (from stop to stop) meaning that on my .243 I could shoot out to 902 yards, or on my 30-06 out to 738 yards. I hasten to say, that this would only be on a Range and not on a live quarry. Hopefully your 6.5x47 can reach out to a 1000yrds within 70 clicks.

Ive got the 4-16x50 victory diavari on my 47lap, perfect stalking scope with ret 60. You will need approx 85-90
clicks for 1000y, depending on your mv. I wouldnt use mine at 1000y, you wont be competative so whats the point. The 6-24x56 with .5 cm clicks would be a better choice imho.

i have clicked it up 30 clicks for perfect shots on fallow. :stir:

thanks feller yup thanks for that its not for comp use just on the days i attend club events at barton rd its the 56 i fancy and looking at YDS it looks to fit the bill the z6i just wont do what i wish but still a cracking scope .
you keep dropping them 400 yrd fallow ,lol

Ive got the 4-16x50 victory diavari on my 47lap, perfect stalking scope with ret 60. You will need approx 85-90
clicks for 1000y, depending on your mv. I wouldnt use mine at 1000y, you wont be competative so whats the point. The 6-24x56 with .5 cm clicks would be a better choice imho.

i have clicked it up 30 clicks for perfect shots on fallow. :stir:

Kahles 624i would be an alternative, maybe a bit ott for stalking. I love mine.
edi

Just received a Zeiss Conquest HD5 with locking target turrets from Artur on here; yet to mount it on rifle, but first impressions are great.

Hi, I have just bought a Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56 with Ret 60 (i) and ASV (on my Tikka T3 308). It is "EPIC" for what I need. Stalking 50 meters to 250 meters. Low Light vision is fantastic. The ASV is brilliant. You workout which ring you need (combination of zeroing the gun and using an online Zeiss software programme for your load / drop). You choose the correct ring for your ASV, and then from that point on, you just dial in the meter distance (not MOAs or anything fiddly like that). I paid a bit under £2k for my one, and it was worth every penny. Only issue, it has long range limitations (400/500 yards onwards) as the zoom is only 12 power. It’s a stalking scope, not a sniper scope.

The scope I had before would work for you - it was a Nightforce NXS 5-24x50 (you also get a 56). It was a "supreme" sniper/target scope, but just could not give me what I needed in low light. I think you will struggle to find a scope that does both things perfectly. Finally, with a 308 at 1000 yards you must be pointing it at the moon to hit a target with the drop that bullet has!!

Last edited:
HAS no one got one that can give me some clues as to its/there use in the field.

I have the Victory Varipoint 3-12x56 ret 60 (i) bdc (the 'old' version of asv) and I cannot fault it. It extends to 400 yards (well, my strip does) and it is as accurate as I can personally be with it.

looks like i need to find one at the right price the info i am getting is with a custom ring it will tick the box's in the large mag x 56
thanks guys. just need to find out what is the diff between the Victory X 56 and the Conquest x56 same ret (60i) , apart from the mag as there is around £800 diff on them both. Or the other option i have is kick the long range paper punching into touch :?:

looks like i need to find one at the right price the info i am getting is with a custom ring it will tick the box's in the large mag x 56
thanks guys. just need to find out what is the diff between the Victory X 56 and the Conquest x56 same ret (60i) , apart from the mag as there is around £800 diff on them both. Or the other option i have is kick the long range paper punching into touch :?:

don't think you can get custom rings for the conquest scopes, pretty sure I read that on a thread on here recently.

just checked on their website and it appears that the conquest comes with asv turrets (which are marked for one click/cm at 100m).
The victory comes with asv+ turrets which you can use the different inserts to give you clicks for different ranges on yr turrets.

Last edited:
Thanks feller, then its a one horse now mty just need eyes on . And that brings me to a big thanks to miles who is dropping off one with a varmint ret to get hands on this weekend :tiphat:

The difference between the victory and conquest is simple. One is very good, one is average (thats being generous)

HMM ? Victory / fl diavari seems to be the way to go with a custom ring.

Last edited:
Back