Marlin XS7 Bolt Action .243 Win Rifle 22" Barrel .

I know several people who have bought them as bad-weather rifles, truck guns for the farm or ranch, a loaner rifle, or a starter rifle for young hunters. So far, I have not heard nor read anything negative. None have shot badly, and may of them shoot well under a MOA with factory ammunition. A friend of mine, a surgeon, bought a 7mm-08 for his son to begin deer hunting, and it outshoots his much nicer 7mm RM ( sub-MoA with Federal Fusion 140 gr). They are less expensive new than most used rifles and come with a full rail for mounting a scope. The barrels can be changed by yourself, just like the Savage. They are light weight, about 6.25 lbs, like a Browning X-Bolt or A-Bolt.

what are these like in .243 and build quality ??

Kevin you are talking about a £200 pound rifle in the US so I wouldn't worry about build quality, they seem to shoot quite well, now are you going to keep it for long or want something better fairly quickly.You may lose money hand over fist on it if you pay top dollar for it.So if you are getting it for £200 or so it can't lose you that much when you move it on.
Geordie

right ok thats some good advice guys it will be my first 243 and want something reliable and accurate but not to expensive, i mean what would be a good rifle to have for a few years ?

20140602_040737.jpgI chose a clean second hand browning and it shoots very straight whole package mod . Rifle and decent scope under 800.

Last edited:
yes that does look nice i do like the browning rifle and i also like the remminton 700 in synthetic but i do prefer wood though i must say lol

Back