Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question ref carcass

A question ref carcass

being a bit new to this game, something has come up that ive not had explained.on a stalk/ high seat trip ive been told its xx for the session, then xx for shooting a beast then carcass is at game dealers rates.question, is that based on overall weight?so if the beasty weighs 25kg and the game rate is 3 a kilo its xx + xx + 75?just trying to figure out wheter the value of the meat from the beast is worth the cost of the carcass.

The charges would probably be as you have outlined (depending on the prevailing game dealer rates). The carcass would normally be charged at the larder weight (ie weighed after gralloch and less head and lower legs)
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 03-06-2014 at 12:23.

I think the game dealer price should be made clear as the prices can differ by quite a lot up and down the country.
    Here its 2.40 a Kilo.

Try and find an outfit that don't charge a shot fee so say 75 per outing then xx for a carcass plus x if you wished it dressed and vac-packed ,i hate shot fee's and won't book if thats part of the deal, i normally buy one of the same size chilled on dressed, oven ready if you wish or jacket on if i am having a bbq within a few days and chill it dressed by my butcher (brother) lol

ps with jacket on i was paying 1 on the bone and 2 dressed.

cheers guys,at least I'll know where I stand now

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I think the game dealer price should be made clear as the prices can differ by quite a lot up and down the country.
    Here its 2.40 a Kilo.
    for what roe /red fallow muntjac .i would think it s your local game dealer rate /as roe make more than the other becouse of there export vaule and fallow red sika will make moke in august sep oct then they will at the end of the season eg roe 3.00per kg to 3.50 all year. fallow red sika 3.00 at the start of the season and finishing up on about 2.50 march time and then a little spike at the end as one or two dealer try to get a bit by them .I would just keep your game dealer on speed dial that way you wont get your pant's pulled down

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Bear in mind also that, with some guides, if you damage the carcase through poor shot placement you may find a further charge is due. For example you may incur a charge if you shoot an animal through both haunches and elect not to take the carcase yourself.

Obviously this won't apply if you're buying the carcase for your own consumption.

As Mike says, the fee you're charged should be based on dealer weight - head and legs off and clean (i.e. without internal contents).
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Bear in mind also that, with some guides, if you miss, there may be charges too. However with other guides there may be no charges at all. Regards JCS

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Bear in mind also that, with some guides, if you miss, there may be charges too. However with other guides there may be no charges at all. Regards JCS
    Very true.

So basically you may be looking at something involving none, some or all of the following:

Outing Fee
    Cull/Trophy Fee
    Carcase Fee
    Carcase Damage Fee
    Miss/Wounding Fee
    Trophy Mounting Fee
    Estate Rifle Fee
    Witness Fee (if DSC2 Witnessed Stalk)

Caveat Emptor obviously applies here!

Any others??
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Then we can brake down the cull fee to cull animal antlered animals price per inch per cm per point per gram and per cic point. etc