Black Ops Rabbit rig

bewsher500

Been working on making my life easier when lamping rabbits
Am usually on foot, shoot off sticks, Sako Quad .22lr bolt action, lots of mags

Previous weapon of choice was a full barrel, walnut stock, moderated with Deben TriStar pro and stock mounted battery
Very accurate if a little clumsy

I bought a synth stock with the intention of housing the battery IN the stock until I came across a very neat Ultrfire style torch with red LED and tail switch
Bought a couple of mounts and made the switch multi fit so it also fits on the .222 in seconds
So now I have:
- Synth Sako Quad .22lr
- 12.5" barrel (fine job by J.Russel in Whitburn)
- 1.5" Extended stock (its built for pygmies! The solid rubber balances the barrel weight nicely)
- Aluminium mod (have a shorter fatter custom designed one 100mm long on its way)
- Aluminium Picatinny scope mount (eBay, very nice bit of kit, next day delivery)
- Red LED "Ultrafire" with custom Convex lens and zoom (tight zoom throw a square about 250-300m, wide zoom goes dim and wide out to 100)
- Velcro mounted Pistol grip Thumb switch (find this much neater than the one I had on the fore-end)
- Single stud mounted Sling loop (as opposed to a normal sling it allows me to mount one handed and just let go, no removing from shoulder required)

weighs next to nothing
very accurate, ragged holes at 50m
It is so light and pointy I am not opening the sticks for most shots, as a result I am getting more shots

all I need now are some more rabbits!

Is the cheek piece integral to the stock? If not, could you point me in the direction of your source. Looks like just the thing to replace my elastic sleeve and comb raiser combo.

Novice

very simular set up to yours only difference being 1417 anshutz 14 inch barrel hawke scope same t2o torch red and figure View attachment 42903of eight clamp , simples and loads of bunnies but i have to travel for them, ps i dont know why somehow i cant get used to useing sticks with my bunnie gun ,all freehand,

Is the cheek piece integral to the stock? If not, could you point me in the direction of your source. Looks like just the thing to replace my elastic sleeve and comb raiser combo.

Novice

I believe its a Sako option
not integral it has a screw cover but I think you can also just glue them on
was one advertised on here a few years back for about £20
phone GMK they will know

cheers

:D Yeah, can count 6 in the garden right now. Farmer next door is on at me to walk his fields as they are
"everywhere" Many, many more this year than previously.

Had a chat with GMK today and the only comb raiser they now do is a screw on one similar to the design on the new T3 Lite Adjustable. Costs around £65.

Back