Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I was bored, so I found this sucker

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Today I was bored, so I found this sucker

Today I was bored and thinking about trying to make some money I went onto Gumtree and found this

Stihl chainsaw 880 chainsaw
    £250 Cradley Heath, West Midlands

Reply to this ad
    This is my beloved 088 its an absolute beast of a saw and its in amazing condition, I have owned the saw for a few years but ive only used it 2 times on big trees as I don't get a lot of them to do, as you can see from the pictures its in amazing condition for its age and is basically not far off being new, there is no problems with the saw so you wont be disappointed. the saw comes with a brand new 36" stihl bar

Wow, that's cheap. But then I've had a few deals off Gumtree that have made me a few quid too. So I sent him a reply and soon had this back

Thank your for showing interested in my ad . The Stihl is still available. My name is Grim Doyle and i work as oil engineer , recently i was moved on SubSea 7 , this will not be a problem for our future deal because the item is still in UK, and we will use a fast and reliable cash on delivery service (Parcel2go) , this way you will have the opportunity to try the item first. Let me know if you're interested to use this service.
    Thanks
    PS: attached you will find more images

So I started to do a little digging and found out this is a regular scam. However still a bit bored I thought let the hunted become the hunter. So I sent him this

Hi Grim, that looks fine.
    How do we proceed?

The reply was swift he thought he had a go'er

The transaction will be closed through Parcel2Go.
    You will have the opportunity to try the item as I said before.
    You will not pay me any money until you see and inspect the product, all you have to do is purchase PaySafecard receipts from the store and confirm them online with Parcel2Go after they send you the invoice with our transaction details. Also you have to keep the receipts and forward them to me after you decide to keep the item.
    If the item is not as described you will receive a full refund from Parcel2Go.
    Please reply me with your Full name and delivery address so i can search a PaySafe store near you and inform Parcel2Go about our transaction.
    Thanks

Knowing now that I was playing the scammer I tried to turn the game.

Hi, a friend of mine has just said he’ll be in your area in the next couple of days.
    So he’s going to collect and pay you.
    Can you give me your address and when you’ll be there?
    Thanks
    Glynn

But he wasn't having it and replied

I explain i was moved with my work so is nobody there now
    My way is to use Parcel2Go
    So please let me know full name and delivery address if you want to go ahead
    Cheers

So I gave him bogus address and in return he sent me a list of all my local PayPoint shops. What a nice man.
    Now his English had been somewhat suspect for a while and wanting to continue my infantile game I thought I'd test his English and see what happened

Hi Grim, are you able to hang on to it for a while.
    I’ve just checked my bank account and my tax bill that I forgot about has hit it hard so cash is difficult for a bit?
    I feel I need it as I cut thick short planks from very dense continental wood merchants (con-merchants for short).
    Can you help me out?
    Thanks

I thought he'd twig but he hasn't as he's just sent me this

OK Sarah i understand you
    I already left the items at Parcel2Go under your name and address , they will deliver them when you want but you must confirm them the payment this days

So he now thinks that i have managed to change gender in the seven hours of communications and that I am as thick as a short plank bought from a con-merchant
    Got any good ideas where I can go from here?

“Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

your a very cruel man dont let him down gently,
    DONT START

I think you should ask him how he knows your friday night name
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

a few lads on another forum managed to get the spammer to turn up to an airport holding a dimwit sign

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    a few lads on another forum managed to get the spammer to turn up to an airport holding a dimwit sign
    Oh please tell
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Sorry to be silly but wot is the scam?

If u've not paid any money how does the scam work? Wot are the pay point shops? Bit naive with all these computer things

Glad you had a bit of fun with it. I had something similar with a JD tractor several years back, offered at a GREAT price. I offered to drive and look at it, but they would only POST it! At that point I realized it was not only a scam, but a bad one at that. Seriously, they will Post a 45 hp tractor? Wish I had the presence of mind to string them out for a while as you did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Sorry to be silly but wot is the scam?

If u've not paid any money how does the scam work? Wot are the pay point shops? Bit naive with all these computer things
    Okay, pay attention here comes the science bit.

Paysafe is a perfectly good way to do business without having to carry cash or having a credit card. You can get a paysafe card and put credit on it which then becomes like carrying plastic cash if you like. It's a pre-pay card.
    You go into a paySafe store and pre-pay an amount of money and they give you a receipt which has PIN numbers on it for a value i.e £5 £10 £25 up to £100. You then enter these numbers onto a website and it applies a credit to your account, which you can then use anywhere that accepts paysafe payments.

From paysafe website
    Fraudsters posing as ‘sellers’ post ads on Gumtree and similar sites and request payments to be made using paysafecards. Once a potential buyer contacts the seller, they receive an email asking the buyer to confirm they have bought the paysafecard vouchers by entering the PINs into a phishing page designed to look like a legitimate webpage. Once the PINs are entered into the phishing page, the funds are stolen and no products are sent to the buyer.

And that's where they get you. Once they have those PIN numbers they can get your money and as it is effectively cash it's gone.
    I take my hat off to them for their ingenuity, I wish they could use it for some good. But they are parasitic scum and deserve no mercy.
    There's paysafe PIN number generators out there too. I had considered getting one and sending him some duff codes just so as when he goes to spend it they say there's nothing there. Little $hitbag

Blog Entries
    Yeah me too.
    I once bought a Merecedes off ebay that was in a crate in Italy waiting to be shipped.
    When I said I was flying out that day to collect it and pay cash it went all quiet.
    It's great sport.