Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Good Week

A Good Week

A friend came over from Spain for a few days stalking and we managed to shoot 9 bucks in the time he was here.He was lucky to shoot a couple of medal bucks and was over the moon as he had never shot a six point buck before

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	674.4 KB 
ID:	42936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	034.jpg 
Size:	811.8 KB 
ID:	42937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024.jpg 
Size:	730.7 KB 
ID:	42938

Then out of the blue on Thursday afternoon i got a phone call asking if i could get on a flight the following day as there was the possibility to shoot a Beceite Ibex,a crazy afternoon followed and then i was on a flight to Spain at 6.00 am the following morning.
    Friday afternoon/night i was a carp and cat fishing on the Ebro.

An early start on Saturday morning due to an 1.5 drive to our meeting area in Tortosa mountain region on the Valencia border .
    We met our guide at 6.00 am just as dawn was breaking and drove on a dirt mountain track and started our stalk.We start glassing the opposite face of the mountain and spotted a group of Ibex which included 2 males.
    After checking the wind we started making our way around the face of the mountain towards the group approximately an hour later we had made up the ground on the group and covered some stunning scenery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0040.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	806.4 KB 
ID:	42935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0043.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	598.0 KB 
ID:	42934
    The group was approximately 600 yards in front of us on the edge of the mountain and we had to make a decision to stalk above or below them,we made the decision to drop below them as we felt that we could make up ground as they seemed to be more cover.
    250 yard crawl and got in place to get comfortable for a shot ,I ranged the group with the Swarovski binos and they were exactly 354 yards and we couldn't get any closer.
    I would have been comfortable at taking the shot with my own rifle ,but double checked the approx drop of the 300 win mag i was shooting.
    Firing up hill i placed the cross hair on the biggest of the 2 male Ibex a definite trophy animal safety catch off and boom ,I couldn't believe it i had shot mm above the animals back .All hell broke loose and animals scattered everywhere ,Luckily for me the large male made his way towards us down the face and stopped for a split second at 304 yards this time no mistake and i adjusted my aim and sent a second shot on its way and a solid thud and this majestic beast fell instantly.
    The group must have thought that the shot had come from the opposite direction and made their way across the face towards us .Our guide made a quick whistle and the second male this time a Representative animal stopped on an angle a second shot placed on his front shoulder squeezed the trigger and a second Ibex down.
    I have been stalking for nearly 30 years and this has got to be one of the most enjoyable stalks in my lifetime.
    Attached below a picture of the Bronze medal Ibex and a very good representative

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	044.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	42933
    Last edited by sika No1; 04-06-2014 at 10:04.

That sounds like a dream week. Well done.

...now THAT is how a couple of days should be spent!!

Great result - well done

(Shoulder mount on the ibex.....?? Get the pair done???!? )
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Now that is a grand week, good stuff!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Nice week and fantastic looking Ibex! Nice to see people being honest about a miss, for whatever reason, especially at that range! Nice bit of composure to get it together for the next shot!

Nice shooting and smart photos, surprised you left yorkshire with all those bucks about!

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Nice week and fantastic looking Ibex! Nice to see people being honest about a miss, for whatever reason, especially at that range! Nice bit of composure to get it together for the next shot!
    What is the point in not been honest i missed with the first shot simple ,not used to shooting the rifle and made a slight misjudgment.Anybody that claims to have never missed either hasn't done much shooting or is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta cocker View Post
    Nice shooting and smart photos, surprised you left Yorkshire with all those bucks about!
    Few days roebuck stalking was not only in Yorkshire had a little wonder into Lincoln Humberside border and Scotland

Well done on those Ibex Chris, beautiful trophies, well worth a few roebucks

Moose