Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Test for Lyme Disease, check yourselves!!!

Test for Lyme Disease, check yourselves!!!

I had the blood samples taken today to test for Lyme Disease and started some course of antibiotics, not the proper one but to reduce the swelling. I'm sure there is still a tick hook or head left under the skin from a couple of weeks ago when I pulled one out from my upper arm, really hard to see if anything still there as all red & swelled up. Anyway back to the doc's tomorrow, possibly lance it to clean out. Please check yourselves after every outing guys, I always do but somehow this one slipped the net for a couple of days until I found it!

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Best of luck Bryan
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

i think I said on another post, I was reading an article I think on National Geographic, :ymes is on the increase over the last few years , I have friends and colleagues been hit with it and it can be a horrible thing to get.

Remind me next time you are over - you know when you BRING MY DRILL BITS BACK - hint hint , and I'll bung you a tick twister set.

Hope all pans out ok. I suspect you are right and like as not just local infection from either head parts or infection into open wound.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Probably just an infection Jackfish, fingers crossed. I had the same on my calf last year and couldn't do my boots up for a week! The swelling did go down quite rapidly once I started popping the pills though. I now put a spot of antiseptic on the wound from any I remove! What is there to lose after all?
    Best of luck
    Baguio
    Last edited by baguio; 04-06-2014 at 21:01.

Cheers lads, yep hope it does come back all clear. It was the doctor that wanted the blood test carried out not myself, I'm more interested in trying to stay mobile and upright at the minute with severe lower back pain. It's sucking the life right out of me! I'm taking every pain killer/anti inflammatory known to man, it keeps me moving but that's it! Chiropractor tomorrow and neurosurgeon on the 17th for MRI scans. Life's a real hoot! Lol

Andy, believe it or not I just fitted the bipod yesterday afternoon. The stock was drilled to perfection by your exceedingly sharp drill bits, think I'll keep em! Lol
    I'll be over bye shortly to drop em off and to pick up some reloading gear!

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Worth getting some knit shampoo - the insecticidal stuff used for getting rid of head lice - and wash with this all over after you have been out stalking. Those little buggers get every where especially those parts not easily examined.

My my consultant has prescribed me with some Doxcycline - there is good US evidence to show that one 200mg tablet of Doxcycline taken with 12 hours of tick dramaticly reduces the ability for Lymes to take hold.

Doctor prescribed me Doxcycline today as she did not want to wait 3 weeks to find out if I have it or not.

Alba gu brąth

Has anyone any experience of using these?

Care PlusĀ® Tick-Test - Lyme borreliose
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

The removal of ticks, fully intact, is quite simple; apply a wee bit o' petroleum jelly (Vaseline, Bag Balm, etc.) to the tick and it will back out by itself; very shortly, leaving nothing but perhaps a wee infection from the wound. The petroleum jelly makes it impossible for the tick to breath. When the bugger backs out remove it and place it on a hot stove; they pop real good.