Available: RE: Introduction to Stalking for novices.

Introduction to stalking for novices

Not sure how to start your stalking journey?
Not got any land of your own?
Don’t know anyone who stalks?

Why not come on our introduction day?

We can cater for up to three on this course so why not come with a friend?

Course format.

Tea /coffee on arrival.

Classroom

• Stalking Equipment.
• Deer ID.
• Shot placement.

Rifle range

• Basic Rifle shooting methods.
• Shooting practice on various target including deer silhouettes from 50 to 200 meters.
• Use of various types of shooting sticks.
• Practice of level 1 shooting test.

Highseat

• Finish off afternoon/evening in highseat and hopefully see/shoot a deer!
• If successful we will then take you through the full gralloch and inspection, the Muntjac carcass will be yours to take away if you would like. *

* You may also like to leave the carcass in our chiller for a few days and combine this course with our “introduction to butchery” course where you can process your first deer for the table using our larder facilities.

Cost for the course will be £150.00 +VAT

Please contact us at stalking@dgvm.co.uk

Regards

Jim & Malc

Last edited:
Wow what a way to get started! Jims land , facilities and knowledge are 2nd to none. Well done mate excellent opportunity for novices
Atb steve

Yeah he's not a bad lad really :D but for a few quid extra I thought Munty Malc would have thrown in some flying lessons as well :lol:

Good facilities, and good guys, and a good deal for novices as well.

Jim

A cracking day last Sunday, everything I wanted as a new boy, very professional class room, time and patience, but for me it was all about confidence building, using my rifle, and I will be going back.

So as the advert says, new to stalking get over to Jims its worth it.

Peter

Thanks for your reply Peter.

September is a great time to undertake the Course, weather is usually good , making the rifle section of the course very enjoyable,
and also the Muntjac are in hard antler, ( no additional charge ), which if you are lucky could make a first trophy.
As Peter mentions our aim is to start your stalking career off in a confident fashion, hopefully later to complete one of our BASC Level 1 Courses, which are now run at our classroom at Chippenham, Cambs.

Look forward to seeing some new people.

Malc

Back