Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lest we forget

Lest we forget

Just watched the news and the recognition of those that parachuted into occupied Europe the day before D Day to secure the bridges. An 89 year old veteran today parachuted onto the same field that he landed in 70 years ago to hold the bridge with his mates.

Tomorrow will be the 70th year, I would hope that we all take time out of our day for a few minutes to reflect the heroism of all those on D Day and those gave their lives so we may all be free.

Brave men everyone of them.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Last night I got out two of my Enfields, one a No. 1 MkIII which went ashore June 6, and the other a 1944 No.1 Mk 1V* trainer in .22 LR, and fixed the bayonets, and stood them up in the corner of the den, just to get in the spirit of things.

I heard the 89-year-old American who parachuted into France, and saw another from the British Royal Marines, is doing it.

Good photos
    BBC News - In Pictures: Remembering D-Day
    Last edited by Southern; 05-06-2014 at 18:05.

They broke the mould when they made those men
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

It makes you feel proud and humble. What great men were they,we must never never forget. I doff my cap to the brave that survive and brave that lost there lives.

That 89 year old is some boy- after WW2 he rose to SSM in Rhodesian SAS and was still serving in South African SF up to the 1980s

Not enough is done to honour the brave men that risked their lives for our country, its a shame that our government hasn't got the backbone to do anything about it nowadays. Wouldn't have happened on Churchill's watch!

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Just watched the news and the recognition of those that parachuted into occupied Europe the day before D Day to secure the bridges. An 89 year old veteran today parachuted onto the same field that he landed in 70 years ago to hold the bridge with his mates.

Tomorrow will be the 70th year, I would hope that we all take time out of our day for a few minutes to reflect the heroism of all those on D Day and those gave their lives so we may all be free.

Brave men everyone of them.
    +1

To those men and to all since that have laid down their lives for our country.