Thread: 7tcu

7tcu

A friend in Australia is building a 7TCU now I'm a conventional chambering kind of guy, I've never really heard of it what do you funky chambering guys think.

Saw that on a google as I look more seems a bit like 30/30 performance. Has anyone used or even seen one.

I built and shot several of them in the 80's for 200M Handgun Metallic Silhouette competition. It is a very accurate cartridge and with bullets of 140 grains would neatly drop the 67 lb steel targets set at 200M. I built them on Remington XP-100 bolt action pistols. It is good for that purpose but I'm not certain I would favor it for deer over the likes of the equally obscure 7-30 Waters (7mm/30-30) which at least is a factory chambering. In a rifle as a hunting cartridge, I'd pass.~Muir

The 7-30 Waters can be easily built on a Marlin lever action, or a single shot Ruger No. ! action or the small EA Brown 97D.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    The 7-30 Waters can be easily built on a Marlin lever action, or a single shot Ruger No. ! action or the small EA Brown 97D.
    I have a T/C G1 Contender that I'd like to pick up a Water's rifle barrel for. That would be a hoot.~Muir

Ok interesting as I thought I understood it was a hunting rifle for his son, to cover most thing in Oz. I'll have to ask him more and why he chose it.

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Ok interesting as I thought I understood it was a hunting rifle for his son, to cover most thing in Oz. I'll have to ask him more and why he chose it.
    Maybe it will. Where I hunt, you would be wishing for a larger gun.~Muir

Established Poster
    The 7mmTCU is popular for handgun silhouette here in New Zealand there are 3 or 4 in the club I shoot with, Would be ok for quite a lot of the animals hunted in Australia, I have thought of having a rifle built on a Rem 700 in 7mmTCU
    great for 3P shooting and hunting rabbits and feral cats with cast bullits.

Ok it's going to be a light weight roe stalking rifle seem ideal from the articles I've found good job he's a reloaded.