Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wooden high seat plans

wooden high seat plans

Been looking and looking and cat find them. Either I'm pants at searching, very possible, or their hibernating!!

Just looking for a simple lean to, single seat, plan. Or even help with the dimensions, seat widths and rail height would be a good start.

Thank for any help you can offer gents

Kind regards

Phil

One we made many years ago but still the best and cheapest way to build your own.

I will try and Rouse Chucky, he has some good plans.

I have been sent a few sets of plans, all rear climbers. im going to try making one of them.

had anyone plans for a front climber. they seam a little more compact to put on the car roof to run up the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    One we made many years ago but still the best and cheapest way to build your own.

What made you paint it in such a hideous colour?

Stratts sent me some good plans recently they were for a double free standing but im sure they could easily be modified into what you need. You could drop him a pm ( I cant forward them on from my phone infortunately) im sure he will oblige.

Atb

Ade

Do you like this design?

I have tried many designs, read many books both german and british and basically none of them are of design that met my requirements so I designed it to take into account weight, size of car (I have a suzuki SX4 hatch), safety (conforms to Australian Standards for wooden ladders and platforms), ergonomics.

Unlike most of German and British designs I must carry this into extremely thick, steep forest by hand. No vehicle access, so a lot of stuff people take for granted in their designs I cannot use. So weight and safety are the most important factors.

Here's another I put in this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Been looking and looking and cat find them. Either I'm pants at searching, very possible, or their hibernating!!

Just looking for a simple lean to, single seat, plan. Or even help with the dimensions, seat widths and rail height would be a good start.

Thank for any help you can offer gents

Kind regards

Phil
    My preference is for a seat 600mm wide, a footing 300mm wide and 600mm long so you can stand and turn around. The height from the footing to the top of your seat should be 430mm. The height of the shooting rail can vary but it can serve as arm rests. I use a height of 530mm which is a good compromise. I build everything in 300mm multiples. Its easy for the hardware store to use their drop saw. I have everything cut and then assemble on site or at the house in fold down in the suzuki with the main ladder section on the roof rack and attach on site. If you need to build very light and can forgo the shooting rail, I can build these in 55 minutes.

These both were built onsite. The overhang of the ladder at the top still provide a point of contact to turn around and sit down. Height is 2.65m to the footing. The eye level sitting is 3.85m from ground level.
    Last edited by mchughcb; 08-06-2014 at 02:40.