Thread: Anyone have experience with a Blaser type A muzzle brake?

Anyone have experience with a Blaser type A muzzle brake?

Hi All,

I would appreciate if anyone here could tell me of there experience with a Blaser type A muzzle brake?
    I'm considering getting one and with all previous purchase I asked advice here and got good solid answers

Many thanks

Regards,
    Glendine.

Why would you want a brake? A great portion of percived recoil comes from the sound of the shot. Adding a brake generally increases the sound and I have never seen one that reduced it in any way. Once had a moderator maker take a mod for a 308, open it for 338L and call it a brake but that was not truely a brake.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    Why would you want a brake? A great portion of percived recoil comes from the sound of the shot. Adding a brake generally increases the sound and I have never seen one that reduced it in any way. Once had a moderator maker take a mod for a 308, open it for 338L and call it a brake but that was not truely a brake.

SS
    I'm sorry, I think I have misread your post ?

'I have never seen one that reduces it in any way' is the bit I keep re-reading.

I use the std Sako brake on my TRG when on the range, and going back to the moderator results in a very noticeable increase in recoil, and movement upon the shot, taking the mod off increases it again.

Fired with a bare muzzle, I sometimes get back on target to spot any splash, at 600 yds, with the brake, I can see the impact at 100 yds.

I do agree with the noise though, particularly if you are beside a brake.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I have a K95 with the muzzle mag-na-ported and its a significant aid to keeping the scope on the quarry. I see the impact & reaction to shot clearly, so I instantly know that the shot is good.
    The down side is the blast and noise to others when on a range.....not that I worry much about that though. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Its just a variation on the Vias style (radial ported) brake.

http://www.remington700rifle.com/Accessories.php

There is the ASI quiet linear compensator on this page. How good would this be? Noise will be directed forward.

I do don't know about an A Brake but I use a pepper pot type brake on R93 in both 300WM and 9.3x62. The reduction in recoil is very noticeable and makes shooting a much more pleasant experience. Ear protection is an absolute must if you value your hearing as the report is deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    I have never seen one that reduced it in any way.
    then you need to shoot more rifles with them fitted to understand it

I have had three different brake designs on a 270 and 300WM and they all reduce recoil considerably
    Its simple physics

consider this with a .223 and 25gr of powder
    skip to 2m:10sec to see real reduction

now imagine what that will do with 90gr of powder in a 300WM

Hi All,

I appreciate your response. I'm going to purchase one and will repost back with the results.
    I'm very impressed with what the "The Tramp" said and its for this very reason I am going to add one to the rifle.

Regards,
    Glendine.