Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tripe

tripe

hi whats your opinion on feeding fresh tripe to a pup

I periodically feed it to both my GWPs, it's the business for putting a bit of condition on a dog.
    Although if we are talking a young pup it might give it the shiits initially.

If you're getting fresh tripe from an abattoir they may ask if you have a kennel/breeders licence now. Its some new law that has come into effect. Hope this is of any help.....scott

Tripe, raw chicken, raw mince mixed with say eukanuba puppy, and your pup will have the best start possible.

our pup came to us at eight weeks been fed on dry food and green tripe. Eu laws can make it hard to get hold of fresh as you are meant to have a license to keep or transport it, but if you take it from your deer its a good food source for them. you can also buy it frozen from pet shops minced but its expensive.

i will introduce it to it,s diet slowly, i have no bother getting it fresh well as fresh as tripe can be, thanks for the replies

Tripe best food you can get for dogs (What do wild animals eat first after a kill)

Quote Originally Posted by mcbuck View Post
    Tripe best food you can get for dogs (What do wild animals eat first after a kill)
    +1

Pups need high protein and tripe is pretty low, make sure its not all you feed, up to you mix it with a quality complete or alternate with other meats, beef mince, chicken wings (raw), tuna, sardines etc

Not sure where your based but I have used these many times, not too expensive either..

TPMS Animal Feeds - Green Tripe - The Dogs Dinner

regards, Jez
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..