Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Section 12

New Section 12

Did you know under this new section if you where to be at work for example and your spouse was to row with a neighbour and the police were called you can have your guns removed pending a review

I was not aware of that. Is this a local police view? Under which part of section 12, is it 12.28 or 12.38??
    I cannot see how this is the case as you, the cert holder must not divulge your access to your firearms to anybody. It therefore follows your spouse/partner cannot access them.
    It only seems possible that the police could have a review pending possible removal.
    Last edited by billh; 07-06-2014 at 11:52.

yup been out for a long while ,it happened in eastwood essex to Chris wells after his wife bricked the windows of next door after a noise row over the fence he was lucky he nr lost his pistols due to it back in the 80's, police and all parties dropped there case's .

Quote Originally Posted by G1963 View Post
    Did you know under this new section if you where to be at work for example and your spouse was to row with a neighbour and the police were called you can have your guns removed pending a review

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by G1963 View Post
    not good news, i did mention this a while back and since then i have been speaking to my shooting pals up north,

so far 2 people they know have had it done to them, and one guy has been told that it could take 8 weeks to get the review done,

not sure this is any good to us........but it helps plod keep a clean sheet.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

It only seems possible that the police could have a review pending possible removal.[/QUOTE] on what grounds ? if you are not even present whats it got to do with you. ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    It only seems possible that the police could have a review pending possible removal.
    on what grounds ? if you are not even present whats it got to do with you. ?[/QUOTE]

i have been told that if there are firearms held at any location that is involved in any kind of domestic/alligations etc (weather you are involved or not) they will remove the items until they review the situation. ?

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Interesting.
    so how would that work, I'm currently away for 2 weeks with work. Safe keys are in my pocket.

are the police going to cut my cabinet open if my wife gets into an argument with the neighbours?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundoc View Post
    are the police going to cut my cabinet open if my wife gets into an argument with the neighbours?
    Sounds like it

Dont forget, in the eyes of the police we are gun toting maniacs, we are untrustworthy, we are a massacre waiting to happen, the slightest provocation causing us to take up arms and gun down half the neighbourhood, they having conveniently forgotton that as FAC holders we are the most law abiding citizens in the country.

Ian.

Upon renewal I was told this and I was also told that my weekend job as a doorman could risk me having my firearms removed as it would be classed as opening myself up to conflict