Thread: Talley Scope rings

Talley Scope rings

Does anyone use or have experience of Talley scope rings?

I would just like to know how they compare to Third Eye Tactical in terms of quality, build and price? I have a set of T.E.T rings and rail on my .243 and can vouch for their quality, but I have the option of some Talley rings on my new rifle build and would like some honest reviews. How much are they likely to cost for a set as I cant see much about them on the internet?

Thanks in advance

They are brilliant, you won't go wrong with them, price will vary depending on whether QD or not, mine are QD and were around 130 from Callum Fergusson, give him a shout if you want a riflesmiths opinion, he puts them on his custom builds as standard, that has to tell you something........
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I can help with some of your requests. I've have three sets with Talley bases.

I've never had TET rings, so can't give you a direct comparison. But as regards to quality they are very good and have only ever very lightly lapped them, which I do with all rings as a matter of course.
    All mine have come from Callum at PRS, he would be best person to speak to regarding costs etc. As I've had mine several years and cannot recall how much I paid.

Midway and Brownells sell Talley rings and bases.
    You can also order them from Talley
    Home - Talley Manufacturing

www.talleymanufacturing.com/

They are a very strong QD setup, because the rings sit down in a saddle, braced front and rear, with a long foot, which resists leaning under recoil. They truly return to zero. I have never owned Third Eye, but have seen some, and they are quality, too.

Thanks both, Some VERY positive comments. Another question though, which may be a deal breaker but not sure. The scope I am going to be using has ballistic turrets so in order to get the best range of vertical adjustment for longer range steel plate practice I would ideally be looking to get mounts with up to 20moa built in. Do Talley do such a ring and base set? In the meantime I will drop Callum a line and get the low-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Midway and Brownells sell Talley rings and bases.
    You can also order them from Talley
    Home - Talley Manufacturing

www.talleymanufacturing.com/

They are a very strong QD setup, because the rings sit down in a saddle, braced front and rear, with a long foot, which resists leaning under recoil. They truly return to zero. I have never owned Third Eye, but have seen some, and they are quality, too.

Thanks Southern, will check out MidwayUK and see what they stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Timney View Post
    Thanks both, Some VERY positive comments. Another question though, which may be a deal breaker but not sure. The scope I am going to be using has ballistic turrets so in order to get the best range of vertical adjustment for longer range steel plate practice I would ideally be looking to get mounts with up to 20moa built in. Do Talley do such a ring and base set? In the meantime I will drop Callum a line and get the low-down.
    Why not put put tet 20 moa rail on .i have a T h t Unimount 20 moa on my rifle work . Nice bit of kit

Quote Originally Posted by bob257 View Post
    Why not put put tet 20 moa rail on .i have a T h t Unimount 20 moa on my rifle work . Nice bit of kit
    I had thought about the unimount, but as it will still be mainly a stalking rifle I don't want to add any more weight than necessary as some of my kit choices have already added more weight than I intended., and this unimount looks like a fair lump of metal coupled with the rail? If I was to go down the TET route I probably would opt for the 20moa rail and single rings same as I currently have, but interested to see if the Talley ones would suit.

What make and model rifle, exactly?
    Talley and EGW make 20 MOA and steeper rails for many rifles, for under $40.00 US.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    What make and model rifle, exactly?
    Talley and EGW make 20 MOA and steeper rails for many rifles, for under $40.00 US.
    Borden Alpine action.