Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Can you make me a threaded case for my .257

  1. #1
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,330
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

    Can you make me a threaded case for my .257

    Having waited an age for a case trimmer to arrive for my .257 Roberts I am now dreading how long I'll have to wait for a case to fit my Stoney Point OAL guage.
    Can anybody here make me one if I send you a fired and resized case? Of course I'll make sure your not out of pocket in any way.
    Thanks
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

  2. #2
    Was going to say that if you were super desperate I could do it by hand for you but Google says it's 5/16 x 36 which is a bit of a weird thread and I don't have a tap

    Never bought into the OAL gauge idea though... why not just polish out the neck of a case so a bullet can smoothly seat as you close the bolt onto it then measure using comparator? Cheap, quick and accurate if you do it right.

  3. #3
    A steel male will cut a thread in a brass female.

    Especially if you anneal the case head.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

  4. #4
    Hi teyhan, I think spud will do this for
    regards jab

  5. #5
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,330
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Was going to say that if you were super desperate I could do it by hand for you but Google says it's 5/16 x 36 which is a bit of a weird thread and I don't have a tap

    Never bought into the OAL gauge idea though... why not just polish out the neck of a case so a bullet can smoothly seat as you close the bolt onto it then measure using comparator? Cheap, quick and accurate if you do it right.
    Ah ha,
    Like you I have a cowboy gun ( underlever ) and therefore no bolt.
    Yes it is a weird size tap.
    I'll drop Spud a line
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Ah ha,
    Like you I have a cowboy gun ( underlever ) and therefore no bolt.
    Yes it is a weird size tap.
    I'll drop Spud a line
    I've a257roberts ai case here already threaded if that is any help

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bob257 View Post
    I've a257roberts ai case here already threaded if that is any help
    Ahhh the OP did not mention AI and and AI case will NOT chamber in a standard rifle.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    A steel male will cut a thread in a brass female.

    Especially if you anneal the case head.

    ^ this
    drill out to just shy of the outer thread size and slowly screw in and out to cut your own thread with the rod

  9. #9
    You could try this guy Case Drill/Tap, Shooting SHED
    He is on here as ovenpaa


  10. #10
    send it over and ill get it done we do not chharge for this service
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Hornady Case Trimmer Pilot #4, 25 Caliber (257 Diameter)
    By Monkey Spanker in forum Reloading
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 16:55
  2. fluted or threaded barrel
    By swampy1 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-01-2014, 18:24
  3. Factory threaded barrels
    By Hornet 6 in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 17:20
  4. Sako 85 factory threaded
    By scotspine in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 28-11-2008, 19:44
  5. Tikka factory threaded
    By tiny_in_ireland in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-03-2008, 13:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •