Thread: Perruque Roe Doe

Perruque Roe Doe

How much would this cost to taxidermy? Thoughts please…..

Attachment 43116

The eBay number is 161330213828 if you are interested!!

Maybe going to display my ignorance here but I thought perruque roe were bucks (usually as a result of testicular damage) not does?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Maybe going to display my ignorance here but I thought perruque roe were bucks (usually as a result of testicular damage) not does?
    They are usually Bucks Mike, but only because it is only usually bucks that grow antlers!
    However, sometimes does grow antlers too! Usually older does.

I know the history behind this one and confirm that it is a genuine Roe Doe Perruque which make it extremely rare, although not entirely unique as I have heard of a couple of others since asking around some very experienced stalkers.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    They are usually Bucks Mike, but only because it is only usually bucks that grow antlers!
    However, sometimes does grow antlers too! Usually older does.

I know the history behind this one and confirm that it is a genuine Roe Doe Perruque which make it extremely rare, although not entirely unique as I have heard of a couple of others since asking around some very experienced stalkers.
    MS
    Very interesting! Must be very rare, is it due to a hormonal imbalance like in males?

I have come across a perruke doe shot by my fathers a friend in the 80s it has a substantial size head I have pictures but am completely computer illiterate and wouldn't know where to start how to get it from print to computer

Picture below of one I shot many years ago. Anal tush clearly visible.
    The velvet came off during the boiling process.
    HWH.

Very interesting! Must be very rare, is it due to a hormonal imbalance like in males?
    The fact that they grow them in the first place is due to hormone malfunctions/imbalance, so I suppose it is fairly reasonable to assume that the same issues could turn it into a Perruque. If anything, I would even think that an antlered doe would be more likely to suffer this condition than a buck percentage wise, although both are so rare that it is unlikely that we could ever record any worthwhile statistics. It is very interesting though as you say. There may well have been many over the years, but the internet now means that such occurrances become more well advertised.
    Baguio on here shot a nice antlered Roe Doe recently which I'm sure he could post a picture of.
    MS

ive just googled perruque deer,god they are grotesque poor buggers,an old s/d thread came up,
    DONT START

Yes very rare and never seen one in the velvet so to speak in 25 years of Stalking. Not a pleasant conditions for the individual.