My Vizsla - at 6 months old he has started training to the gun and the stalk

Sharpend

Not bad as yet - just getting a little boisterous and entering the phase of 'doing what ever the hell he likes!'

Time for some smack down…..

IMG_0673.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 143
It's always very pleasing when pups bring stuff to you what ever it is I use this opportunity to get them to sit before you take anything from them that way they present you with the item instead of going round on a presentation parade I have a 12 mth lab pup that will do very little this coming season she will come along for the odd drive and see what goes on but I wont rush her to work I have the older dogs for that she will take over the following season and I can stand the old bitch down or do her a half day ,but not everyone has the time or several dogs .

Nice Vizsla :) From 6 mths on they start to get their own "head", but it is one of those phases they go through. Keep training fun, as 6 mths is still very young.

they sometimes dont like pigeons to many feathers ,so start spitting them out and plucking them,keep things clean,

Cracking looking dog. I always think of a year old dog as being about 13 in human terms so at 6 months he is about 6 and a bit. What would you expect from a 6 year old kid. Wanting to learn but a short attention span and does not always remember. Watch for natural behaviour. Like Norma says a dog who brings things to you. Encourage what you want and avoid what you don't.

Not bad as yet - just getting a little boisterous and entering the phase of 'doing what ever the hell he likes!'

Time for some smack down…..

View attachment 43118

After having Vizslas now for 30 year I can tell you one thing for certain ( that dog is still a baby ). Vizslas are slow to mature and play is their way. It sounds to me that you may be over doing it and certainly if you repeat exercises all the time your dog will tell you that he is bored. That is generally conveyed in behaviour that you do not wish to happen. Slow down let him have fun in his training and you will have a dog to be proud of. What is slapdown? in my HO any heavy handed treatment with HVs is just a certain way to ruin your dog and set him back for ages. Vizslas work for you best when treated with kindness and will become very reluctant with harsh treatment.
He is a very nice looking dog but he could be quickly ruined. Good luck and enjoy him.

ATB
John.

Back