small handy but good torch

private fraser

As per title I'm looking for something that would fit in a pocket or bum bag.
Don't want to get caught out by expensive replacement batteries or suchlike.
Just wondering what others use/ideas please.
It's for summer evenings if something dropped.
Already have a good petzl head torch for serious dark work,it's great but a bit bulky.
Don't mind paying...buy right buy once.
Thanks

i have the t20 its tiny and i can still lamp with it up to 150 yards .. you need good batts but they are rechargeable ...

any of the cheaper cree on ebay are pretty good to as a white light

if it's just for emergencies... or for the glove compartment, one of the little dyno (?) lights are nice. Just crank it a few seconds to charge it. Other than that, one of the little cree led's are good, cheap, and some have an adapter to take 3 AAA batteries. Think I payed 8 euro including delivery for mine with a charger, 18650 battery, and an adapter for the AAA's.... Check ebay... comes from china but had mine in a week...... get a green cree and you'll be surprised how little it bothers animals.....

Get yoursef a Fentix TK 15, I had one many years superb reliable bit of kit and a rechargable battery lasts for months. Very robust and has survived all sorts of bangs and drops. Faultless

D

Hi
I have a couple of Surefire 501b's off Dealextreme. Alloy, led and less than £10 delivered.
Lots of modifications if minded to double the throw of the led........
L

I have like the old Browning penlight, which is the Pelican Nemo. It is waterproof, has a snap on red cover so you can look at something without messing up your night vision, is light weight, totally waterproof, focusing beam, pocket clip and a hole for a lanyard. Comes in black, camo, bright yellow and bright orange. And it has a snap on cover which you can charge with the beam and it will glow for hours, so you can find it in a tent, boat or gear back at night.

300lumens cree off the bay .£2.99 delivered ,uses 1 aa battery which u get 6 for a quid for alkaline from poundworld.its got a simple sleeve ,so u can zoom in or floodlight as u see fit.had mine over a year no probs:thumb:

I thought I'd buy a £2 one from B & Q while I looked for a better one.
Still using it so think I'll stick with it.
£2 including 3 AAA batteries and it gives a good light...can't argue with that.

Back