Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bumbag/stalking belt?

Best bumbag/stalking belt?

Gents, After a few outings with everything stuffed in my pockets (or left in the car accidentally in my rilfe drag bag) I have decided I may need to get some form of bumbag.Any recommendations please? The Swedteam looks ok but I read about the belt losening, with a 30" waist it will probably already be at the smallest it will go so that could be a pain. Also like the Napier Apex Predator but the price is a bit steep and I might go for the oft recommended Ikea bag as I have a few of those kicking around.Anyone got any recommendations on the above please?Karl

Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    Gents, After a few outings with everything stuffed in my pockets (or left in the car accidentally in my rilfe drag bag) I have decided I may need to get some form of bumbag.Any recommendations please? The Swedteam looks ok but I read about the belt losening, with a 30" waist it will probably already be at the smallest it will go so that could be a pain. Also like the Napier Apex Predator but the price is a bit steep and I might go for the oft recommended Ikea bag as I have a few of those kicking around.Anyone got any recommendations on the above please?Karl

I got mine from ebay for 9.95 [Free postage] - It is very good quality. Type in 'Bum Bag Olive' to the search tool and you will see the seller [Outdoorvalue]. There are 3 colours to choose from.

Ikea bag folds up into the side pocket nicely - Job done for less than 10 and no bulky sack on your back.

Certainly a fair bit more expensive than generic bumbag from ebay, but the Harkila Niak belt bag does contain a few extras that I've made use of. It has a pair of fold out shoulder straps with a supplied clip on game bag/'mushroom sack', plus a very handy sit pad on a lanyard that folds up and slots into a compartment underneath the two main ones. The Melton wool one is a bit more traditional than the PU nylon version: http://www.ardmoor.co.uk/harkila-nia...belt-38-01-004

Thanks guys. The eBay one looks ok, I wonder how long it will last though - I am a big believer in buy cheap buy twice, but if you say its good quality it may be worth a punt for a tenner.

The Harkila one looks good but I don't think I want the roe sack bit and I prefer to have a few more pouch options like the Swedteam one.

Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    The Harkila one looks good but I don't think I want the roe sack bit and I prefer to have a few more pouch options like the Swedteam one.
    Just to clarify, I'd doubt you'll fit a roe in there! It's a game or mushroom sack, (they're big on collecting 'shrooms on the continent), with a ventilated mesh outer. I'd previously looked at the Swedteam offering but it seemed to be a bit on the bulky side - and I can carry everything I want when stalking in the Harkila Niak

have a look at kifaru gear , in my opinion the best but 'reassuringly' expensive !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Hi Karl
    You may also want to consider a Snugpak Response Pak - reveiwed well and 12 incl P&P (at least when I bought mine).
    Cheers, L

I felt same'fed up with forgetting things and picking up another jacket and having to transfer all kit out of pockets. I found the solution in an outdoor shop in Brodick,Arran..7.99.
    Been used a fair amount and OK. I would say don't get a big one with lotsa pockets,you will feel that you need to fill them :-).
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Thanks guys. The Kifaru gear is pricey eh?! Maybe not looking for something THAT expensive, but thanks for the link - some nice gear there for santa to bring me!

Saw the Snugpack, it looks quite bulky, how does it sit/feel?

Private fraser - that well known problem, I have this with rucksacks when mountaineering, if its there I'll fill it! Top tip, thanks.

Still not got a definitive, any more thoughts welcomely received.