Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Deer, Field & larder gralloch experience in the SW - Saturday 23rd August

Park Deer, Field & larder gralloch experience in the SW - Saturday 23rd August

Hi Folks,

We will shortly be culling some yearling Red deer, and this offers you an ideal opportunity to spend a morning with some 'hands on' time, gralloching a large deer species.

Ideal for either confidence building or pre-DSC2 coaching, we will be looking at best practice, as well as improvised techniques for preparing and caring for your venison - both in the larder and the 'real world'.

As a DSC2 AW, I will demonstrate the accepted methods of both external & internal inspection for parasites & disease in the organs & lymphatic chain - while the coaching will ensure that your gralloching method is both competent & compliant with currently accepted 'best practice'.

Both 'suspended' & 'field' grallochs will be carried out, before you move to your own beast and gralloch under supervision.

Cost : 60 a person, morning finishes with a light lunch (ok, a cup of tea & a paasty - this is DEVON !! )

A Fallow cull stalking outing is then available at 75 (including unlimited deer), as is great onsite B&B, if you need to travel and wish to make best use of your trip down to the South West.

Ian & Jo
    Home - Farrington Deer Services
    Tel: 07798 771 062

For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

when is this happening Ian? (wondering if I can fit it in between family stuff)
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

First line of the Ad Kenny............. BIG LETTERS for those optically challenged amongst us! :P

For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    First line of the Ad Kenny............. BIG LETTERS for those optically challenged amongst us! :P

don't you go getting technical with me!
    not my fault you copied and pasted it from last years
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Ken, Ian the one with the hat,
    Hi Ian hope you and yours are well.

Ian, unfortunately I am already working on the 23rd. Are you likely to have any more coming up this year?
    Starbucks. It's not my cup of tea.

Hants - will happen for sure, but can always get up there 1-1 as you are relatively local. Give me a yell and we can hatch a plan.

Rgds

Ian

be very interested in this but for other dates,joy of nightshift that week.please keep me informed if other dates become available cheerswould u be able to do sunday 24th at all if the numbers allow
    Last edited by tozzybum; 16-06-2014 at 17:55.

Sorry for the slow reply Tozzy - Yes, could well look at another date as for many it seems that work gets in the way!

Drop me an Email & will try to get something sorted for you.

Rgds

Ian

Folks,

We have decided to move the event to SUNDAY 24 August to make it more accessible to those who are limited by work shifts etc.

Get in touch if this works for you, and I will confirm availability.

Rgds

Ian