Thread: And You Thought Sporting Rifle Was Bad!!

And You Thought Sporting Rifle Was Bad!!

"Dear Long Range Hunting Forum Member

My family and I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day weekend. We will be getting together at the large zoo in my daughter's home town of Milwaukee, WI.*

I already got my own Father's Day present, a beautiful spring black bear. I returned a few days ago from our LRH Group Spring Bear Hunt in WY (more on the hunt later). It was a combination spot-and-stalk hunt plus we watched bait sites in the evenings. I spent lots of time behind my Vortex Razor HD 10x42 binoculars and Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50 spotting scope each day.*Extended glassing sessions really make a guy appreciate the highest quality optics. I killed the bear with a single 574 yard shot using my new Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 rifle scope.

Father's Day is a chance for us dads to spoil ourselves a little bit and treat ourselves to something we really want. For many of us that means a new high-quality pair of binoculars, spotting scope or rifle scope. From now through this weekend we'll give you a $50 LRH Store Gift Certificate with any optics purchase over $500 on any of the optics brands we carry.*

Just buy your optics priced at $500-and-up at the LRH Store and enter*promo code ............... "

Very good shot but if he had just winged it he would have had a hell of a chase to complete the job.

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    Very good shot but if he had just winged it he would have had a hell of a chase to complete the job.
    On the flip-side, it would have had a very long run before it could tear him limb from limb and devour him.
    *facetious smiley*

Just another Good reason not to read such rubbish.

I read it as if he shot it at the zoo.

I don't think there's any chance he would have wounded that animal and had trouble with a follow up shot if his shot placement is anything like as good as his product placement.

Anyway, off now for a Carte Noir coffee with the satisfying taste with a dash of Morrison's best skimmed and a Club biscuit because I like a lotta chocolate on my biscuit.