Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Hay Day on the Foxes

A Hay Day on the Foxes

Second time I have been to this field, the first time was when I went around on a border walk with the owner.
    He had agreed to text me when they had cut the hay, lunch time a text popped up..." the hay is cut "
    I reversed in the gateway an slid along the edge of my truck so not to profile myself...A big red head was looking across the field so I went in reverse slid the kit out an went up the passenger side of the truck very slowly.
    With the back of the truck acting as a bit of back cover the big red head and shoulders were in the a4 ret.... Bang from the 700 the dog fox went down but a vixen came tearing out the cover an disappeared.
    I cycled a second round and waited...30 seconds later the first cub came out to sniff around its Dad...Whack!!
    Not long after a second cub poked its nose out took a couple of steps and fell right next to its sibling...
    Then a vixen rushed out and run back in so I called for a bit and out she popped and over she went....
    I gave it around 5 mins and there was no movement so I took stroll to the pile of foxes laying around 120 yards from me...
    As I was nearly to them a set of ears made the hay look a bit strange so I put the gun on the sticks...and true to form the vixen that had ran off was using the wind and the hay as cover...A crack from a head shot was number 5....
    After a couple of pictures I dealt with them and went back for a drink and to text the farmer....
    The second pair were some time later but a couple hundred yards further down the field .
    So 3 vixens 2 dogs and 2 cubs in a very small area....

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 14-06-2014 at 06:24. Reason: spelling.....again!

Crumbs, stunning job Tim, you really do have a way with the foxes Move over Robert Bucknell, there's a new man in town Am I right in understanding that you've spent a little time with Robert?
    Tim

Well done, Tim - that must have been a hell of a few minutes!

Well done, I wish our hill foxes were as easily dealt with, afraid to say ours are a lot more wary.

What a cracking day!
    And I must be getting old as the year is flashing by.Hay being cut already!

well shot tim i must say iv not hit a double figure yet but have had a 8 and a few 6's one day mate

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    Crumbs, stunning job Tim, you really do have a way with the foxes Move over Robert Bucknell, there's a new man in town Am I right in understanding that you've spent a little time with Robert?
    Thank you...Tim
    Yes been over a couple of times to visit him and plenty of chats on the phone. We are planning to meet up on a field at some point!!

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Thank you...Tim
    Yes been over a couple of times to visit him and plenty of chats on the phone.

Tim.243
    Having had the pleasure of speaking to Robert on the 'phone many times, I'm guessing those weren't two minute calls...!!!

Paddy,did you ever find out what hat rifle on the front cover of "Foxing with Lamp and Rifle" by Robert was ?