Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck and fox targets

Yes?

Those targets od rather the Fox one, they use a Roe Buck that is more real like the Fox one, at The British Sporting Rifle Club at Bisley. I think the BDS uses them as well. others available are a Capercallie and Red Stag plus a Moose that I am aware of.

Not wanting to be contentious here, I would think that the scores aft of the 8 ring should be exhibiting negative scores!

i thought that. a point for haunching a deer good targets otherwise

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I also have a muntjac target that is very similar. It's on my target board now but I've not seen them for sale since I got hold of the current one.

willie_gunn

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    Not wanting to be contentious here, I would think that the scores aft of the 8 ring should be exhibiting negative scores!
    Steve, when taking the BDS range test, anything outside of the 10 ring is a fail, so you can't get any more negative than that
    In real life, anybody getting anywhere further back than the eight shouldn't really be shooting at live animals in my opinion
    I was conducting a test once, prior to going out on the ground, and told the guy to put two in the heart to show me he knew what to aim for.
    He was faffing around, coming out of the aim then using his binos then cleaning his glasses. I asked him what was wrong and his answer
    I can't see a heart on the target
    My answer, it is hidden just INSIDE the rib cage, his reply, Oh! I wondered why I couldn't see it
    He then put two right through the saddle

Nil pointe! NNOOO Ceeegar!

with out going off topic does any one now if you can still get the range representative ones of a Roe buck and Roe doe in colour so it was a true representation of the target size a think they were 100 yards the bds used to do them but i cant see them on the web site

i think the plotter at work is going to get some overtime next week, and me too! cant think of anything better - getting paid whilst dipping your pen in the company ink

Ahhh Google come to the rescue just typed in Roe Deer Tarets and Voila:-

http://www.lancenich.f9.co.uk/Targets.htm

There you go you cna even pratice for you Chamois trip

I think I shall send for a few Roe ones myself.