New custom rifle arrived

247sniper

Well at last my new toy is here.

A custom .223 Akley improved with a 1/7 twist tru- flight barrel designed for long range.

Anyway Enough talk , here is some pictures.

It just gets better.

Loaded some mild reloads tonight to break in the barrel and fire form the brass, I have heard that .223Ai fire forming loads can be still very accurate.

After the initial shoot and clean dozen shots this was the 5 shot group I shot straight after.

Fireforming load with no load development. 5 shot group in the .3s

80grain AMax with N140.

This group was shot in 15mph + full value winds.

Looking pretty good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 185
Cheers thanks guys. The App is Ballistic AE on Iphone/Ipad. Its great. Its also good to carry out group analyisis like I have done here. Also if you shoot a gong say at say 500 yards you can photograph the gong, set the refreence, input the bullet markings and check what you group, give you your group details in inch, MOA, vertical and horizontal despursion etc etc

Its great and well worth the money.

Also a very good ballistic side off it too. :)

Steve

Went out for a play tonight, only had time for my dad to have a quick go, I managed to get a group of 5 down range.

I ranged the distance that I shot tonight and last night,MIT was actually 125 yards, so even more impressive.

Managed this group tonight, in very strong winds again, shame about the flyer, the group is .21 MOA with out the flyer, even with the flyer it's still only .43

Looking good guys

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i374/247sniper/91842e7a0b1bb75577959442fe933a2c_zpsec04ed6f.jpg

steve.

Steve
congrats on your new build looks impressive
Also shooting some nice tight groups
I know what you mean when you get a flyer it's a right **** off
feeding my tac on vit 140 with the 39s most accurate powder so far
enjoy your new toy I certainally am mine
regards pete

Steve
congrats on your new build looks impressive
Also shooting some nice tight groups
I know what you mean when you get a flyer it's a right **** off
feeding my tac on vit 140 with the 39s most accurate powder so far
enjoy your new toy I certainally am mine
regards pete

cheers thanks Pete. :D

I was thunking on trying Vit 140 in my .204 as I have lengthy off it, but saying that my .204 shoots really well with Reloader 10, so best left alone if possible thing.

Is your new build your .20 Tac.?

Steve.

cheers thanks Pete. :D

I was thunking on trying Vit 140 in my .204 as I have lengthy off it, but saying that my .204 shoots really well with Reloader 10, so best left alone if possible thing.

Is your new build your .20 Tac.?

Steve.

steve
yes new build being the Tac
running the bergers on vit 130 with superb groups
the 140 seems to suit the lighter bullets though

As you say I'd stick with the reloader 10 in your case dead is dead
ive really enjoyed load development with this rifle
I've gone in with two other guys and bought the latest magnetospeed chrono
so looking forward to seeing what speeds I'm getting
my Tac is really quiet also people are quiet shocked how quiet it is
regards pete

Hi Pete,

Keep us upto speed mate on how you get on?

What mod do you have?

I noticed last night how well moderated my new rifle is, the mod does an ace job, its a ASE UTRA:D

Steve.

Looks a great rifle Steve.

I had considered about doing the same thing myself a few year back , but opted for the 22.250 with a tight twist .

What speed are you getting in the AI.. Just wondered if it is worth getting the AI over the standard chambering.
I had my old 223 standard Tikka Super Varmint running close on 2900 fps with the 75's

Any plans to try any lighter pills such as 53 grn Vmax or 55 grn SKB's ..

ATB
Alan

Looks a great rifle Steve.

I had considered about doing the same thing myself a few year back , but opted for the 22.250 with a tight twist .

What speed are you getting in the AI.. Just wondered if it is worth getting the AI over the standard chambering.
I had my old 223 standard Tikka Super Varmint running close on 2900 fps with the 75's

Any plans to try any lighter pills such as 53 grn Vmax or 55 grn SKB's ..

ATB
Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for you comment mate.:D

At the moment I am only shooting Fire forming loads, so no load development done really as of yet,however it is shockingly accurate despite a mildish standard .223 load, the MV only being 2700ftps ATM.

From research 2950 to 3100 ftps is achievable, but obviously I'll be loading for accuracy.

I may try some 53's etc, however I still have my .204 for the fast and flat stuff so may not bother, I do have some 53's so I may give them a try anyway at some point.

Thanks for your comment again Alan, stay turned for more updates. :)

Steve.

I had 5 rounds left tonight so after setting my dad's rifle up with him, I fired one shot at 200 yards to confirm zero then dialed in for the 400 yard gong and fired a
Off a group of 3!

Here is the result

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i374/247sniper/e1b4343d0887268fb8bbf5dc14930e46_zps156d6cb5.jpg

Very please indeed

My dad had also set this bottle out on a post next to the 400 yard gong, he betted me a £5 I couldn't take it with my fifth and last shot of the night!

Needless to same I come home £5 up!

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i374/247sniper/12e033fc65bce620c1f8f2979633d1fc_zps2b9f8a5a.jpg

Steve

Back