Thread: Introduction High seat.

Introduction High seat.

Hi Guys,
    Just a few lines of introdution. First of all I come from the midlands and I am in my 50s.Bought my first shotgun when i was sixteen, a cooey single barrel if memory serves me right.Then about 20 years ago got my .22 rimfire bruno for rabbits and fox. Great for rabbits but very limited for fox so soon after put in for .222.
    Then about five years ago my fox lamping partner asked if I would like to join a stalking syndicate in scotland which I did. Took my DSC1. Got myself .243 and .308. Am also lucky enough to get invites locally.
    Still reguard myself as a newbie with a lot to learn! Cheers for now .
    High seat

intro

Hi High seat,welcome to the forum,look forward to reading your posts

Andy

Welcome to the forum High Seat.

My Dad had a Cooey single barrel. Never seen one since, It was a hammer action. probably a death trap as I belive he had it welded at one time and I seem to remember it was held together with green insulating tape. Sadly he passed it on when he let his cert lapsed. I recently tried to to get it back from the guy to whom it was given but he had handed it in to the police. Just had a wee wave of nostalga fuelled by Shiraz there

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Welcome to the forum High Seat.

My Dad had a Cooey single barrel. Never seen one since, It was a hammer action. probably a death trap as I belive he had it welded at one time and I seem to remember it was held together with green insulating tape. Sadly he passed it on when he let his cert lapsed. I recently tried to to get it back from the guy to whom it was given but he had handed it in to the police. Just had a wee wave of nostalga fuelled by Shiraz there
    Hi Guys , and thanks for the warm welcome.
    Stringer, your dads cooey sounds a lot like mine without the green tape.It was a single barrel hammer three inch magnum, very plain stock and if i remember right cost me 12.Just over a weeks wage at the time, but had some good times with it. Thanks for the welcome again, Cheers High seat.