Tom Troubridge's European Record Roebuck

Moonraker68

Last week's Shooting Times has an article by Tom Troubridge about the buck he shot in Dorset in 2006. It has recently been scored at 273.73 points by the General Assembly of the CIC, making it a new European record. Apologies if this is covered by another thread, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

You could make a couple of nice walking sticks out of those antlers.:eek:
Still wouldn't make me waste my money on that rubbish magazine though

I know its only the Sporting Rifle but they are again claiming that its not the record as the measure sheet says its abnormal due to thickening of the skull.High time this was put to bed as its dragged on too long and not doing reputations any good.
011.jpg

I know its only the Sporting Rifle but they are again claiming that its not the record as the measure sheet says its abnormal due to thickening of the skull.High time this was put to bed as its dragged on too long and not doing reputations any good.
View attachment 45379

Agree Dave .... this needs a decision made and made fast so that this known / unknown can be resolved.

C

Tom Troubridge's Roebuck was the true record holder. Some said it was abnormal and a "bailey" Well, if the antlers are big, they need big support. What is Marco Pierrre White's Peruque ? That is abnormal if ever there was one !

Tom Troubridge's Roebuck was the true record holder. Some said it was abnormal and a "bailey" Well, if the antlers are big, they need big support. What is Marco Pierrre White's Peruque ? That is abnormal if ever there was one !
I didn’t know he wore a wig?

Had the privilege of holding this outstanding Roe deer head and examining it whilst visiting a CIC gathering about 3 years back. The weight is unbelievable. Not a pretty head at all, but it is something to behold.

Back