having a barron spell

Just back in didn't see a thing! 1 bucks got away 3 time over the last few weeks but other than that not seeing much. Very frustrating. Just picked up some new ground that look productive so out there this weekend to see if a can change my luck.

I notice most who have responded and have seen plenty are in Scotland. Different areas different season!!

I've had a few over the last few weeks and seen quite a few . Being on the ground for daylight catching them feeding before going back in into cover. A lot of silage cutting going on just now so that will spook them and in another couple of weeks the bucks are due to lie low before the first part of the rut.....scott

Out last week with my mate and seen plenty of does but I didn't see a buck. Despite the blank had a good time, seen a doe chasing a fox (assume it had fawns nearby) and bumped into a doe with two tiny fawns only about 10 yards away, brilliant. Forgot to mention as it was raining heavily on Saturday afternoon/evening had cheese and biscuits washed down with a bottle of port with my pal while sorting out the worlds problems.

I notice most who have responded and have seen plenty are in Scotland. Different areas different season!!

Absolutely true but also different year. Looking back at my records for this time last year I was struggling to see a buck. Crop rotation etc can have a big impact.

Been getting bucks every week since the start of the season, mainly yearlings. Not seen many mature bucks but that should change shortly.

Al

Was looking good until tonight. They started cutting the silage don't know if that has effected them. Could have had a shot at 11 roe but all does. Where hAve he bucks disappeared too!

Been picking up young bucks each week and seeing plenty here in Berkshire on my ground. Still was out last night as a guest but didn't see any roe at all even though I know there is a good buck holding the ground I was on. Still picked up a muntjac so the owner was happy.

I shot 4 bucks in two stalks last Saturday in D&G and seen another 2. My mates up this weekend and not seen a deer anywhere. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Back