Caille/Quail Edinburgh?

mcadre

Hope this is a good section to post in.

I have some French Quail eggs in my incubator at the moment that are due to hatch from Sunday. There are definitely some alive as the eggs are starting to jiggle about already. We shall see how many make it out into the daylight though.

Does anyone else keep Quail near Edinburgh? I'd be very interested to know if anyone near me has them commercially or as hobby, for eggs or meat. I like both :D

I keep quail. I usually hatch out a couple of hundred per year to feed to my goshawks but have only run one batch this year, due to hatch in a few days time.

The eggs are also good to eat, especially with a prawn/salmon sald type dish. I had a 24 egg omelette at the weekend! lol

I feed the surplus to the dogs in their dried food, probably not the best use given they sell for about £2 per dozen!

I keep quail. I usually hatch out a couple of hundred per year to feed to my goshawks but have only run one batch this year, due to hatch in a few days time.

The eggs are also good to eat, especially with a prawn/salmon sald type dish. I had a 24 egg omelette at the weekend! lol

I feed the surplus to the dogs in their dried food, probably not the best use given they sell for about £2 per dozen!

Excellent! If you ever fancy swapping a couple of dozen hatching eggs I'd be willing to do that, to widen our bloodlines.

I'm actually giving a couple of dozen to a mate nr Edinburgh tomorrow. As I say, I'm winding down the breeding so wouldnt need a swap, you can have a couple of dozen anytime.

Excellent! If you ever fancy swapping a couple of dozen hatching eggs I'd be willing to do that, to widen our bloodlines.

I'm actually giving a couple of dozen to a mate nr Edinburgh tomorrow. As I say, I'm winding down the breeding so wouldnt need a swap, you can have a couple of dozen anytime.

This is too kind of you, I did mean to swap. We must find something I can trade in return. I'll PM you so we can discuss this further. In the meantime thank you for this response.

I have a couple of dozen collected if you are still interested

Thanks again for the eggs Mike. Just waiting on the incubator temp stabilising and then they'll be going in, later today. :thumb:

Will let you know how they get on in due course. M. C.

Back