Thread: Barry Buddon as a CW Games venue.

Barry Buddon as a CW Games venue.

This from the Glasgow 2014 website:

"It is recommended that Spectators coming to the Barry Buddon Shooting Centre plan their journey early as there are significant walking distances to the venue from transport hubs and between ranges. We also advise that you dress appropriately and come prepared as many of the events are outdoors and exposed to the great Scottish summer!

It is not possible to leave Barry Buddon Shooting Centre then re-enter make sure you bring everything you need for your day out.

Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted within any Games venue. This includes any open air space within the venue perimeter. Smoking is discouraged immediately outside venues."

Very welcoming!

Still. its only shooting and at least the smokers are being demonised as well.

"Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    This from the Glasgow 2014 website:

"It is recommended that Spectators coming to the Barry Buddon Shooting Centre plan their journey early as there are significant walking distances to the venue from transport hubs and between ranges. We also advise that you dress appropriately and come prepared as many of the events are outdoors and exposed to the great Scottish summer!

It is not possible to leave Barry Buddon Shooting Centre then re-enter – make sure you bring everything you need for your day out.

Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted within any Games venue. This includes any open air space within the venue perimeter. Smoking is discouraged immediately outside venues."

Very welcoming!

Still. its only shooting and at least the smokers are being demonised as well.

And your point is?

The smoking issue applies to all venues.

The security issue is relevant to the nature of the venue, aka a long way from nowhere..

Stan

Its the general tone that bugs me.

"It is not possible to go out " (presumably of the perimeter) and come in again. So even a milliamp fag smoker cannot nip out for a quick drag.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

I know Barry buddon, I know the guy who passed by MOD to shoot & it's only down road from me .... If anyone going it can be a windy , wet cold bu66er of a place !!!!
    take warm clothing & water proofs !!!

then again ... If it's nice & yer lucky can be glorious
    :-)

paul

That is true with all the games venues, plain crazy u cannot leave the venue and get back in again, so if a lull in a arena u can't leeave for a walk or a fag.

few of the papers up here are going off about the little hitlers who have organised it, some of the locals are being told when and where they can park there cars and some towns/villages are having ALL roads access cut off for 2 or 3 days between 7 and 7 for push biking