Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rynoskin vs Rovince clothing!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Rynoskin vs Rovince clothing!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Any thoughts, pro's and cons for the above 2 forms of protection against ticks, etc? I'm looking into them both and like the Rovince stuff but also like the fact the Rynoskin protects against other creepy crawlies and if it's really warm could be worn on it's own as a top layer and is cheaper to get kitted out!

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Any thoughts, pro's and cons for the above 2 forms of protection against ticks, etc? I'm looking into them both and like the Rovince stuff but also like the fact the Rynoskin protects against other creepy crawlies and if it's really warm could be worn on it's own as a top layer and is cheaper to get kitted out!

Cheers

Stratts
    i have the rovince kit and it works well ,ask monkey spanker as i took a tick that was crawling up his leg and put it on my rovince trousers and it might of been on there for 5 seconds befor it fell off .I have not had a tick on me when i have been wearing there kit ,i cant comment on the rynoskin as i have never heard off it ,the shirts are well vented and fit fell i also wear mine when skinning deer in the larder so not to bring anything narsty in the house .speak to daz308 he is a top chap and very helpfull

This stuff is top gear feller, look up daz on the sd . never had a tick since i got the trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    This stuff is top gear feller, look up daz on the sd . never had a tick since i got the trousers.

Just out of interest how long have you had out of the trousers???

I have had the trouser and shirt for 2 years the only tick i can remember is this spring when i went shooting after work and for got to take the trouser with me so that high lighted that as soon as i went into the wood without them i got a tick .

I would be interested in the long term durability of this clothing. I've been disappointed at the quality of other brands not matching the price tag.

I got Rovince kit at the cla two years ago, iv use them every time i am in dorset or any other summer outings, this is on the same land i used to always get ticks off , i used to have to put on sealskin long socks over my deer hunter beater trousers and bake in the summer heat , now i can just use one layer inc there socks i am very happy with the kit, did look a outfox but that was out priced for my pockets . I shall be getting some shirts from them in a few weeks at the cla this year.
    As for wear i don't crawl around as you lads may do on the hill, so i could not give you any facts that would hold up that they are the best for thorns ,flint,bog rott, etc but they keep the blood hunters off me and that is 100% tops in my own book.
    Last edited by paul o'; 13-06-2014 at 13:21.

I don't have any of the anti tick clothing, I do use Smidge and it appears to be keeping the little bar stewards off. Only had two ticks on me so far this year, by this time in past years my tick count would be over a hundred.

Al

Ticks are horrendous this year, have removed over twenty from the dog, and a further two from myself.