Thread: ASE Northstar NS-35 Fitted on sako 85 .270 (HELP please)

ASE Northstar NS-35 Fitted on sako 85 .270 (HELP please)

I have just bought a new ASE Northstar mod and it states for cal .30? I have a .270 is this the correct mod for my rifle, My biggest concern is that when i look down my rifle through my z6i i can see the moderator in the bottom of the scope, Is this normal with these mods? The rifle has optilock extra low mounts and rings that suits my scope that is 50mm. Even if i do a mock set up raising the bases to the extra high mounts that they do i can still see the mod in the scope and then i cant get my cheek in the right posistion on the stock. Any ideas on what to do? Is this the norm, Do i get a pes mod that is thinner or can i just raise the front up and compensate when zeroing the scope?
    I have not fired the rifle yet so all is still new so mod bases and rings can be changed. Iwas going to show a picture of the set up but i do not know how to attach it to this post.
    Tayfix.
    [/img]

I think the Northstar comes in .25 and .30 sizes. If I'm right, you seem to have the correct one to avoid embarrassment with a .270.

I've got a Northstar on my .308. The telescope is a 6x42, mounted on extra-low one-piece Optilocks.

I can't make out the mod, even when it has a neoprene sock on it, as long as I have a normal aiming sight-picture through the scope.

It is a very old scope, though

Greg, what mag is your scope on?
    Most will show the mod if on low mounts and low mag.

what a twit

Sam saves the day again,
    I bought it home late this afternoon and started bolting on all the bits and bobs, Scope,rings,bases,bipod and sling. So i had it on its lowest magnification on my table looking through it at the door handle in my kitchen as it was by then pitch black out side, So low mag was what was needed to get a clear picture at such close range. So happy days went back out to the kitchen and wound up the mag and no ugly lump is viable any more, that is untill i bring my eye away from the scope.
    Cheers again sam, Lets hope i hold it the right way round whilst firing.
    Greg.

No problem
    Get you out soon to use in anger!

Dont make me wait to long.....

I think Dalua has it right. I have a .25 Northstar on my .243 which works fine.

Here is Tayfix's rig. Nice rifle,

Jim[/img]

northstar

Guys

I have just fitted one of these on my 75 Finlite 25/06, they are either up to .25 or the larger size is up to 30cal.

So the old 270 is fine with a 30cal mod, I have a Z6 2.5x12x50mm & only on a low mag of up to 4x can the mod be seen in the sight picture-this is quite normal-as most people shoot of of either 6x or 8x & the mod picture will disapear at above 4x magnification.

So the LD prognosis is its fine buddy jobs a goodun!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p
    Here is Tayfix's rig. Nice rifle,

Jim[/img]
    Thanks Jim for putting my rifle up.
    Tayfix