Thread: CZ527 Single shot inserts in .223 and 22 Hornet

CZ527 Single shot inserts in .223 and 22 Hornet

The CZ-527 in 223 and 22 Hornet (£32.00 Plus P&P) New from OBS, the CZ527 Sled inserts in place of your magazine to allow you to easily load single rounds. This sled is made from the same durable, long lasting Delrin® as the rest of our products to ensure a lifetime worth of use. The sled can be used in place of ordinary mags mags and meets most match rifle rules. One comment from a previous buyer of a CZ insert, "I received the single-round block for my 527 Hornet the very next day. Thanks for that. It's outstanding for single-loading the re-loaded 40gr Vmax. So easy now" PM for Delivery and payment details
    Gary Beechener

Can you tell me the length of the .223 one, wondering if it will fit my 7.62x39 mag-well.

Neil.

CZ527 Insert

No it wont fit, or not comfortablly, but very soon we have a "sled" to insert into the mag so as to convert it to a single shot, similar to the T3 insert. Thats been tested and we are happy with the working of it.
    Gary Beechener

Quote Originally Posted by Garybeechener View Post
    The CZ-527 in 223 and 22 Hornet (£32.00 Plus P&P) New from OBS, the CZ527 Sled inserts in place of your magazine to allow you to easily load single rounds. This sled is made from the same durable, long lasting Delrin® as the rest of our products to ensure a lifetime worth of use. The sled can be used in place of ordinary mags mags and meets most match rifle rules. One comment from a previous buyer of a CZ insert, "I received the single-round block for my 527 Hornet the very next day. Thanks for that. It's outstanding for single-loading the re-loaded 40gr Vmax. So easy now" PM for Delivery and payment details
    Just to be helpful I've found & posted the link to the manufacturers' website.

I use my CZ527 and Tikka's in single round mode a fair bit. The CZ has a single stack magazine like the later Tikka rifles for which originalbobsled.com make dummy mags, and yellow magazine inserts.

If the magazine is in situ all that's needed is to drop a round on the follower plate, and close the bolt. I must be doing something wrong, because if there's a difficulty in single loading this way I've yet to find it.

http://originalbobsled.com/BoltGunSleds.aspx
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Very helpful .
    Gary Beechener

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    If the magazine is in situ all that's needed is to drop a round on the follower plate, and close the bolt. I must be doing something wrong, because if there's a difficulty in single loading this way I've yet to find it.

http://originalbobsled.com/BoltGunSleds.aspx
    Only affected but the rifle, some CZ's will feed a single round some won't.
    As it happens both my 22 hornet and 7.62x39 load fine with a lose round on top of the empty mag.
    The .222 and .223 I had did not, had to from a magazine or a properly shaped sled that allowed
    the bolt to pick the round up properly.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybeechener View Post
    No it wont fit, or not comfortablly, but very soon we have a "sled" to insert into the mag so as to convert it to a single shot, similar to the T3 insert. Thats been tested and we are happy with the working of it.
    So how long is the .223 magazine, I no longer have one to measure.
    I am fairly sure the 7.62 one is the same size, i.e. 60.8mm long and 13mm thick.
    Only the height should be different.

Neil.

Length AO 60.50 mm. Width 11.80mm. Depth 50.70mm, You want to try one feel free I will always take it back if you wish, given costs.
    Gary Beechener

I reckon the 11.8 verses mine at 13mm will stop it working.
    The hornet mag is thinner and won't engage the catch.

Neil.

Back to post #3 then!
    Gary Beechener