Thread: Hi from East Sussex!

Hi from East Sussex!

Hello everyone,

My name is James Billing and i live in East Sussex in the UK.

I have done a game and wildlife management course at Plumpton Agricultural College finished it last year and achieved a distinction merit merit in this course, it had many aspects of the shooting industry from farm habitat management to deer population management and woodland ecology.

i have been into shooting since i was about 12 years old, my great uncle was a keen deerstalker although since his passing i have no longer been able to go out stalking anymore, i have completed my DSC1 and passed this although not having any relations or friends in this field am looking for someone to go stalking with in my area to allow me to see the full process through, i have always wanted to shoot my own deer and see how everything is done from the stalking to skinning to butchering.

currently i am working at a butchers shop where i have learnt flu carcass breakdown and am experienced in sausage and burger making along with the use of packaging materials if this is use to anyone!

i am willing to pay but really just want someone who can properly introduce me to the sport which i love so much but just don't have the means to do anymore!

i do not have a firearms certificate due to not having any land permissions although i am looking into this if all goes well here!

i hope someone can help me rekindle my passion for stalking.

thank you very much for reading and i hope you get in touch.

regards,

James Billing.

Welcome to SD
    Atb steve

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbilling View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is James Billing and i live in East Sussex in the UK.

I have done a game and wildlife management course at Plumpton Agricultural College finished it last year and achieved a distinction merit merit in this course, it had many aspects of the shooting industry from farm habitat management to deer population management and woodland ecology.

i have been into shooting since i was about 12 years old, my great uncle was a keen deerstalker although since his passing i have no longer been able to go out stalking anymore, i have completed my DSC1 and passed this although not having any relations or friends in this field am looking for someone to go stalking with in my area to allow me to see the full process through, i have always wanted to shoot my own deer and see how everything is done from the stalking to skinning to butchering.

currently i am working at a butchers shop where i have learnt flu carcass breakdown and am experienced in sausage and burger making along with the use of packaging materials if this is use to anyone!

i am willing to pay but really just want someone who can properly introduce me to the sport which i love so much but just don't have the means to do anymore!

i do not have a firearms certificate due to not having any land permissions although i am looking into this if all goes well here!

i hope someone can help me rekindle my passion for stalking.

thank you very much for reading and i hope you get in touch.

regards,

James Billing.
    Welcome to the site. Drop me a Pm and we will see if we can fit you in for some stalking as I am only in the next county from you, West Sussex.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Hi James , I'm only down the road from you in saltdean , so might be able to get you out and about on mine or friends permissions now and again. At the very least you could come out lamping with us and drive/shoot/lamp. We'll help get you up to speed as much as we can mate, although everydays a school day when it comes to hunting no matter how experienced you are. I know how hard it can be to get started in this sport and another pair of eyes is always handy. My mates and I often get together to have a bit of a range day on some of our shoots (practice makes perfect after all) so you could come along and squeeze a few off to keep your eye in.

Hi James,

only just seen your post. I am not far from you at all. Sadly I have no permission of my own or else I would be happy to help.

Lots of good people here. If you want to get your FAC you don't need land of your own, your DSC plus a couple of confirmed bookings with someone like Malcolm (highly recommended BTW) should be sufficient.

ATB,
    Guy

@danny rem mag

that sounds brilliant mate, ill pm you my number and hopefully sort something out?
    id really appreciate it.

I live in Heathfield, happy to help. If you want any assistance PM me or visit the British Deer Society stand at this weekends show at Ardingly show ground.

Dave

I will come and have a chat with you on saturday david! Sounds good!