Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lone working

Lone working

Anybody got any information about lone working and what to add ,or if any body got a ready made form could you let me know ,

trevor

http://www.guardian24.co.uk/carrying...sk-assessment/

Is the above link of any use?

Whatever controls you use should fail to safe - If you fail to make contact they raise the alarm, too come looking for you.

I have built an electronic device. You leave it any where. It can send a receive sms text messages.
    When you start lone working you send it a text message, it responds acknowlegeing the receipt.
    It then counts down a set time.
    When your time has expired, if you have not responded it sends a message to who ever you like (someone else, police ect) saying, lone worker, over due and your last location.

Dunno wot type of job u do?

But we bought my dad a PLB thing for christmas couple of years ago.

Trying to mind the make Defolarme?? Intouch? i think, but it sends a signal every 10 mins so u can look up on the computer where he is and it cam also send an SOS message if something really bad happens.
    I think if u have a fancy phone that u cane work it can tie in with that and u can send and recieve texts anywhere in the world throu satelites. It could be used a lot better than we use it as none of us are very technical or have fancy phones
    For this type he pays a monthly charge but its worth it.
    U could buy a Mcmurdo? very common in NZ for hunters, about 100 quid 1 off fee but can only be used the once for an SOS if it really has hit the fan, air ambulance/mountain rescue job

Has gave my mother and my father a big piece of mind as he works long hours on his own but also covers a big area so could be anywhere within a 50mile radius

Thanks guys it's loan working for deer stalking ,

trev

There is a phone app called View Ranger GPS which will track you and send a beacon to your beacon buddy showing your route and current location. Free

Good free app if you've got a recent iphone:

Road ID

If you're well out of phone signal areas, then the best option is a spot tracker

We use Personal locator Beacons

This is a passive system, so no-one knows where you are unless you trigger the alarm, which informs MCA who call the numbers you have entered when you register the unit. https://forms.dft.gov.uk/mca-sar-epirb/

It uses satellite technology and sends your exact location to the coastguard, no need to worry about phone signals.

http://www.cactusnav.com/mcmurdo-fas...h-p-12477.html

I use a SPOT device.