Thread: Hello from Somerset

Hello from Somerset

Hi all been reading the forum for the last few months with great interest so have decided to register. Doesn't appear to be a great deal of stalkers on here from Somerset. I have been deer stalking since the age of 18 but love all aspects of sporting shooting, and have already picked up lots of useful tips and advice from this forum. Just goes to show that there is always something new to learn in this game!

Howdy same county.!!

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy22 View Post
    hello neighbour
    Not if he is from the top and you are from the bottom of the county
    I come originally from the middle of Somerset, a village just outside Yeovil, but have now emigrated to Wiltshire.
    It was easy to settle in as the language is very similar

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Not if he is from the top and you are from the bottom of the county
    I come originally from the middle of Somerset, a village just outside Yeovil, but have now emigrated to Wiltshire.
    It was easy to settle in as the language is very similar
    Yes it is Eddie just as well as I came down as a missionary to educate you carrot crunchers many years ago now.It has been difficult though.Something to do with educating pork
    Geordie

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Yes it is Eddie just as well as I came down as a missionary to educate you carrot crunchers many years ago now.It has been difficult though.Something to do with educating pork
    Geordie
    Something to do with Pork ! that is as maybe, but we haven't given up, we are still trying to teach you even tho' at times it seems like a lost cause
    My young and foolish sister married a guy from Byker, when she was asked up to visit her in-laws we made sure she took plenty of marbles, sweets and shiny trinkets to pay her way

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Something to do with Pork ! that is as maybe, but we haven't given up, we are still trying to teach you even tho' at times it seems like a lost cause
    My young and foolish sister married a guy from Byker, when she was asked up to visit her in-laws we made sure she took plenty of marbles, sweets and shiny trinkets to pay her way

Yes again you are correct and I fully agree with you that is Newcastle.We gave up trying to educate those heathens many years ago.They even punch police horses.I'm from Sunderland and really a Makem