Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Request For RFD Transfer

Strange Request For RFD Transfer

Hi All,

I've just bought a rifle from an RFD to be sent to my local shop as I have done several times before.

But this time the guy selling the rifle is adamant that with the new Certs I now need to send my FAC to him so he can enter the details onto it before sending the FAC back to me and the rifle to my local RFD.

It sounds barking to me but he is absolutely sure that this is the way it must be done now. Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,

Jim

That sounds more like a scam to me.
    Once he has your FC what's to stop him using your 'authority to acquire' and making off, he may not even have a firearm to sell you !!

It sounds rubbish to me - RFD to RFD the second RFD would enter it on your cert.
    Sounds like a scam or someone I wouldn't want to deal with.

I don't know the rules on transfare and would not normally post with things like this but i will say Adam is a good guy and definately no scammer so please dont start the linching with trial by tinterweb he is a good bloke, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Its completely unnecessary and I would not be sending my certificate to anybody but it might be worth further investigation surely? Firearms licensing departments sometimes give out crazy advice and it might be worth checking why the sender is so sure about what they are saying? How long have they been an RFD? As an RFD when sending a firearm to another RFD they need to be in possession of a copy of the receiving RFD's certificate before the rifle can be sent. This is often done by fax. Perhaps this is where the confusion lies? Other than this I think its a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    I don't know the rules on transfare and would not normally post with things like this but i will say Adam is a good guy and definately no scammer so please dont start the linching with trial by tinterweb he is a good bloke, atb wayne
    Until you mentioned a name nobody in particular was being tried by tinternet, thanks for the info !
    Good bloke or not he isn't aware of the system that's for sure.
    The despatching RFD takes the sold firearm off of the sellers FC and is responsible for despatch and while in transit.
    The receiving RFD enters it on his stock register until the buyer presents himself at the RFD's premises, when he then enters it onto the buyer's FC.

Some RFDs do it this way. Stop lynching the poor chap. I know the Northallerton gunshop does this. From their website:

To purchase a gun (shotgun or rifle) by mail order from us, you need to find an RFD who is in living in your area, and is willing to accept a shotgun or rifle on your behalf.

We will then need a photo copy of their RFD faxing to us on 01609 774922, the next step is to send payment including your shotgun or firearms certificate to us at the address below.

It will be returned after gun details have been added, usually the same day your gun is sent to your designated RFD on next day delivery. http://www.nsac.co.uk/mail%20order%20info.htm

The advantage is there should be no RFD fees at the receiving end as it doesn't need to go on their register.

If it's a trusted RFD then it is a perfectly acceptable way of doing things, the receiving RFD just doesn't get 30 for 5 mins of paperwork!

You lot are so keen to get your pitchforks out!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Until you mentioned a name nobody in particular was being tried by tinternet, thanks for the info !
    Good bloke or not he isn't aware of the system that's for sure.
    The despatching RFD takes the sold firearm off of the sellers FC and is responsible for despatch and while in transit.
    The receiving RFD enters it on his stock register until the buyer presents himself at the RFD's premises, when he then enters it onto the buyer's FC.
    Eddy thanks for that but jim mentioned his name in the first post and will say that i personally know adam and will say as fact he is 100% no scammer and any mention can ruin a name in an instant and I will not stand back to let things get out of hand without him posting, thanks wayne

uksha
    or find us on facebook

[QUOTE=Apache;804608]Some RFDs do it this way. Stop lynching the poor chap. I know the Northallerton gunshop does this. From their website:

Wow, talk about short and sharp.
    Now we not only know the names we now know the shop !
    At no time should your FC be out of your control/sight so I am not sure whether the way that transaction takes place is even legal.

eddy you are jumping to the wrong conclusion it isnt the same shop

uksha
    or find us on facebook