Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: permethrin

permethrin

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction please.

I'm getting Ticked off with ticks. i get dropped of at a highseat and then picked up (i have a good friend ) i get home and spend then next hour pulling ticks off and having to wash clothing.

Aparantly the stuff in looking for is Permethrin spray of liquid that can be sprayed onto clothing and it deters the ticks and mozzies.

Anyone know where i can get from please, i found in go-outdoors but its 6 for one item. would like to be able to do more.

or something else that works on clothing.

thanks for looking

Phil

How about this stuff http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...epellant-Spray
    Have not tried it but thinking about giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by AlasdairM View Post
    How about this stuff http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...epellant-Spray
    Have not tried it but thinking about giving it a go.

Ideally i was after a wash in or cloths spray with no scent, just been reading up on that one. it has a Fresh scent (Citronella, Patchouli)

I am considering it but i dont want the smell. one to bare in mind though.

There is a spray called PREVENT SPRAY. It has w/w pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide in it for use on hands and other exposed parts. As far as I know permethrin is for professional use only,will stand corrected. Any problems PM me.Wf1

Please be very careful with it. Read the safety data sheet, wear full PPE including respirator and dispose of any liquid correctly. If this gets in a waterway it will destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler1 View Post
    There is a spray called PREVENT SPRAY. It has w/w pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide in it for use on hands and other exposed parts. As far as I know permethrin is for professional use only,will stand corrected. Any problems PM me.Wf1
    You can buy products which list the active ingredient as Permethrin, but I wouldn't like to say how much is (or isn't) in there by percentage. I'd be interested to see how it performs versus pre-treated clothing that you can buy.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Skitostop on ebay

I looked in to this ,just get a spray for tick off amazon ,and rather than washing your clothes to get ridd of the tick try putting them in the tumble dryer for 15-20 mins on hot that will kill any ticks on your clothes with out reducing the life off them

Be very careful with anything you spray on could end up being worse for your health than the ticks, anyone else on here old enough to remember DDT