Got my variation but no ammo??

Simon_T

Hi,

Great, I got my license back today with a 223 and 308 added… so off looking for some Tikka M595's...

But no ammo ;-(

Is this normal?? The license looked different to the last one I had, the new guns are in a "authorised to purchase or acquire' section 1 and no ammo in section 2, well no new ammo for the 223 and 308 calibre..

Is this normal or have TVP made a mistake?

Simon

the new format has just to aquire on it , ie whatever the amount you asked for and they allowed you to keep, or it should do?

Yes, I think the ammo (section 2) should have entries for 223 and 308, at the moment it's only got my 17HMR on it…. Section 1 as the right to acquire the 223 and 308….

I have left a msg with my Firearms officer to check as I think it's a mistake….. or are the police making sure I am extra safe by not letting me have any ammo ;)

they wouldnt do that they are not that stupid :rofl:they might want you to be mentored in clubbing!first, you could just shout bang!after all its called stalking not shooting,:old:hope you sort it,

Last edited:
This just happened to me, they left off one of my entitlements, send it back pdq for amendment.

Tell them clearly, what you need, in a letter that accompanies it.

lol…. Thanks, yep was planning to make my own. :lol:

It's going to save me money, no point getting a moderator (which is on the license) if I can't have any ammo and am just shouting bang...:banghead::banghead:

Ted, Thanks… out of interest is 250 rounds when self loading about right to ask for? Left a msg for my Firearms officer so should get it sorted quickly.

I don't see why not, no need to mention the self loading bit anyway. Except for evidence of competency, providing they don't blow up! :)

… out of interest is 250 rounds when self loading about right to ask for?

500-600 of each calibre would probably be more useful and shouldn't create any problems. You'll likely be buying expanding bullets in batches of 100 minimum and the total on your FAC will be for complete rounds and expanding bullets - unless the FLD list the latter separately.

Ted, Thanks… out of interest is 250 rounds when self loading about right to ask for? Left a msg for my Firearms officer so should get it sorted quickly.

I don't see why not, no need to mention the self loading bit anyway. Except for evidence of competency, providing they don't blow up! :)

Quite right - any mention of self loading and 250 rounds might give TVP a heart attack :)
(thinking that you might be after a section 5...)

Cock up mate that happened to me about 10 months ago managed to get them to put it right overnight as I had booked a day off to pick up rifle with ammo and it was Hampshire

Good news my license is back with ammo allocation on it… only 250 rounds which is what I asked for but that should do me for now… I think I should have gone for more but some is better than none :p

TVP enclosed a letter of apology which was a nice touch….. sorted it out quickly…. Thanks Simon

Back