Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meopta service

meopta service

Does anyone have any experience of sending a scope back to meopta for repairs outside of warranty?

I've been in contact with Marchwood, who have spoken with meopta and confirmed that ad my scope was manufactured in 2001, it's out of warranty.

Was wondering whether it would be cheaper to deal with meopta direct and cut out the middle man as it were.

Cheers

Novice

Novice
    I dealt with them direct and the service was great. Emailed thier customer services (email address on thier website somewhere) in the first instance and then sent the scope recorded delivery. Scope returned three weeks later...

Win Mod 70

I've also dealt with them direct and they were first rate, I couldn't fault them.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Same too, got a brand new 7x50 mm illuminated rather than my old one repaired. Very impressed.

D

I broke my second hand meostar r1rd. it was my fault and I explained what I had done. They sent me a new one gratis with new transferable warenty. top service and a cracking scope.

Hi all, does any one have a direct email? I have an Artemis 3000, which I love. A spot has appeared in the sight image. I politely emailed meopta direct several times and have heard nothing, marchwood have told me it is out of warranty, bummer. I will probably send it to action optics if I get no where with them directly. Any help would be great!
    Regards Karamoja

Instead of fixing it why not buy something with a 30yr or lifetime warranty.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    Instead of fixing it why not buy something with a 30yr or lifetime warranty.

SS
    Actually the warranty is only any good if the company accepts there is an issue After having to really go to town with Leupold over a faulty scope an American friend will now no longer consider buying Leupold products. he had to ship it to them three times before they would even look at the scope properly and the last time he also included a bunch of targets shot using the same rifle but one lot using the Leupold and another lot using a Zeiss Conquest.

They did eventually fix the Leupold scope but not even a sorry we got it wrong ........................................ so much for their vaunted warranty.

He sold the Leupold and has moved on. Sad when a company treats it's loyal customers like this before this he used to promote Leupold rifle scopes when ever he could. His prized collection of Sako rifles now has Zeiss Conquests fitted I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by karamoja View Post
    Hi all, does any one have a direct email? I have an Artemis 3000, which I love. A spot has appeared in the sight image. I politely emailed meopta direct several times and have heard nothing, marchwood have told me it is out of warranty, bummer. I will probably send it to action optics if I get no where with them directly. Any help would be great!
    Regards Karamoja
    Meopta-optika, s.r.o.
    Kabelíkova 1
    750 02 Přerov
    Česká republikaTel: +420 581 241 111
    Fax: +420 581 242 222
    E-mail: meopta @ meopta.com

This is the email address that I think I contacted.
    Marked up the title as "FAO Customer Services" and asked for the address of where to send the scope for repair. If i recall there was a bit of a delay in the reply, presumably as they need to find someone who can respond to the email in English.

Quote Originally Posted by karamoja View Post
    Regards Karamoja

Hi, my wife is a Gregory, and we have a house 20 minutes from Přerov, I have been to their factory before and bought a pair of bins from their factory shop, I am off over there in August if you want me to drop it off and save you postage. Or I can send it with my In-Laws when they collect our kids in July so it may be ready for collection when I go and collect them in August?

All the best

Nick