PPU Brass .22 Hornet

courser

The only .22 Hornet brass I can get is PPU at £23 per hundred (new Brass). I am new to reloading, how good is this brass and how is the price?

I have used PPU brass in other calibers and found it quite good. I have not yet used the Hornet brass I picked up. As to price, the Winchester and Remington here, when we can get it, is about $27 per fifty. The conversion is about 1.5 so that would make your PPU about $35 US per 100. That's a good price compared to the alternative here.~Muir

The PPU hornet brass I have just keeps on going, well over 20 cycles now, not split a single case yet.
Nearly time to retire them though as the primers are not as firm a fit as they once were.

Neil. :)

i have just this week started loading .22 hornet with ppu brass. out of the hundred i bought there were a couple of slightly dented necks but they pushed out ok and have loaded and fed into the rifle just fine

I use it for feeding my 17 Hornet and it's better than the Hornady cases and 1/2 the price. Ok, it's needs some work for mine but still good value. Sometimes the odd case has a slight flash hole burr: just keep an eye out and de-burr with a proper tool or suitable drill bit.

Back