Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Long for the issue of DSC1 or 2

How Long for the issue of DSC1 or 2

Hi
    I was wondering how long the average guy waits for the issue of the DSC1 or 2 after completing the course.
    regards
    Norm

My DSC1 took 6 weeks and I haven't done DSC2 yet.

If I remember right was about 4 or 5 weeks for dsc1

I thought you were going to ask How long before the issue of DCS 1 or 2 comes up as a pointless debate again and gets locked!

Shouldn't be too much longer!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I thought you were going to ask How long before the issue of DCS 1 or 2 comes up as a pointless debate again and gets locked!

Shouldn't be too much longer!
    MS
    Yes have to agree with Monkey Spanker Dsc1 and Dsc2=Pointless

4-6 weeks is normal, it's the assessment centre and verification process that can drag it on. Get your trainer to chase it up after 6 weeks

I experienced a time of around six months for level 2 despite there being no issues with my portfolio. My AW has had several other people experience the same ridiculously long time also. I started a thread on here detailing the times, so although it appears some are lucky, others much less so.

I think it can depend on the assessment centre I have found BDS to be the slowest and North highland Collage /Barony to be the fastest. I am Not sure if they are BASC Approved centres or not.
    PS That's for Level Two

got mine yesterday done it at gap 180 Collage /Barony i know the waiting is a pain but with now 22000+ and growing in the pot , i guess it takes some paper pushing to look at the new guys coming through by the day. I am happy to be a member and have joined in the dsc road clan done mine at GAP 180 as said and the crew were tops, and as you know you have passed knowing the paperwork and badge will arrive say 4/5 weeks later is no big thing in my mind, But on that note i wish it came with a small credit size card that can be kept safe to show the larder or any others Like FC that need to see that have passed. my certs came from BASC so they must be accredited i feel.
    Last edited by paul o'; 20-06-2014 at 15:30.