Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strathclyde Police

Strathclyde Police

Just a quick note to say that Strathclyde processed my variation (6.5x55 off, 22/250 & 0.270 on) within a couple of weeks.

My renewal earlier in the year was also handled just as well and in plenty of time.

Top marks all round and very impressed.

E

Yep i must agree Police Scotland and my local FAO is very much improved. Top marks to Central from me.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Yep i must agree Police Scotland and my local FAO is very much improved. Top marks to Central from me.
    And me, not done a renewal nor variation recently but visitors permits are being done quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by cube View Post
    Just a quick note to say that Strathclyde processed my variation (6.5x55 off, 22/250 & 0.270 on) within a couple of weeks.

My renewal earlier in the year was also handled just as well and in plenty of time.

Top marks all round and very impressed.

E

Just got my variation through the door yesterday after 3 weeks . 223 taken off 30-06 added also to use my 270 for humane dispatch and AOLQ added for both calibres

Anyone know their current stance on good reason to hold a FAC? Pre-Police Scotland days I was advised that Strathclyde licensing would insist I'd need my own permanent permission and booking paid stalking wouldn't suffice as good reason.

Any experience of whether they are still taking that position or not?

Cheers,

Andy

Just to join in the cheering, Dundee Polis got a variation to my EFP damn quick and very helpfully to let me and a youngster out here to Hungary this week.
    Credit where it's due.

My variation was done in less than 3 weeks
    Well done pitt street

Andy. This used to be the case with strathclyde ( wouldn't accept that I'd booked 6 outings as a good reason ) I don't know the situ now.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    Anyone know their current stance on good reason to hold a FAC? Pre-Police Scotland days I was advised that Strathclyde licensing would insist I'd need my own permanent permission and booking paid stalking wouldn't suffice as good reason.

Any experience of whether they are still taking that position or not?

Cheers,

Andy

2 years ago when I gained my FAC they granted mines with the basis of payed stalking, I just explained that I also couldn't gain my own permission without having my fac, I got my ticket for my .270 only knocked my ammo from 100 down to can hold 60.

Central want written contract with a land check and they speak to the OWNER not his helpers. Also calibres granted for quarry present only but that may have changed.( no .308 for ratting).